sled deck brands

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Priced out at couple metal manufacturing places in Prince George bc, aluminum was 1500$, it's the decking and super clamps that cost just as much as aluminum.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't mean to high jack but i am in the market to and been looking around, anyone have any experience with the crosstrax decks they seem to be good but would like to get a good review.

There's a few other threads here about Crosstrax. I have one as well as 2 of my friends. Built heavy & strong. Not sure if they've switched to a sliding ramp yet, but mine is a 2 piece ramp. Not really an issue once you get the hang of it, but the sliding ramps are nice.

I had some issues with the powdercoating and electrical, but Wes is taking care of me to make it right. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Priced out at couple metal manufacturing places in Prince George bc, aluminum was 1500$, it's the decking and super clamps that cost just as much as aluminum.

With aluminum shopping around does pay. But I never priced out deck and stuff it all adds up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a few decks over the years, my 2nd generation Marathon deck was great, it stayed on the truck year round from 2003-09, sold it when I bought my first enclosed trailer. Since then, I purchased a used fixed 8x8" STF deck, has been on my trucks year round from 2010 - now, and although the two piece ramp is a PITA over the telescopic one Marathon builds, I've been able to lengthen it so the approach angle isn't near as bad when loading my SXS (It's 12' long now). I wouldn't buy a new deck again as I feel the pricing is out of hand for what it is, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a used Marathon, Jet Craft, or STF deck - the quality is there.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Denali deck... Wiring was junk but only couple hours to redo. Has option of 2 piece or telescoping ramp. I have ~50 trips to mountains with it over last 3 years. Not a problem with it. Decent considering was $1650 brand new.

Prsledder

Reaction score
Who makes the Polaris branded decks you see at dealers? Are they any good?

Last edited:

krazy c

Reaction score
Have had a crosstraxx deck for a couple years now in my regular box. Good solid deck. It has an 11 foot ramp but it is a two piece ramp.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Flyer

Reaction score
I have an 8' Truckboss deck. It's very user friendly for expanding the sides, pulling the ramp, etc, and looks great. The trouble is that it weighs a bit over 600 lb. I think a Crosstrax is about 350. Huge difference, and I can't say the Truck Boss is much tougher. The extra material isn't exactly used where you think you might need it. It seals quite well, so my gear is dry and secure underneath.

With the narrow ski stance of my T3 machines, the deck extends much wider than is needed, and I have to stretch it all the way to fit the ramp width, then I usually skinny it up if I'm travelling very far. The new machines are nearly narrow enough that I'd prefer a fixed width deck and narrower ramp.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 8' Truckboss deck. It's very user friendly for expanding the sides, pulling the ramp, etc, and looks great. The trouble is that it weighs a bit over 600 lb. I think a Crosstrax is about 350. Huge difference, and I can't say the Truck Boss is much tougher. The extra material isn't exactly used where you think you might need it. It seals quite well, so my gear is dry and secure underneath.

With the narrow ski stance of my T3 machines, the deck extends much wider than is needed, and I have to stretch it all the way to fit the ramp width, then I usually skinny it up if I'm travelling very far. The new machines are nearly narrow enough that I'd prefer a fixed width deck and narrower ramp.

I was going to build myself a deck, I drive a dually and like you said with the width of the new sleds I would of made it fixed sided. That would make it a bit lighter to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agent417

Reaction score
Stay away from Marlon, I bought a new one last last year at a great price. but the wiring is ****, the frame was wasn't strong enough and the actual decking was junk, I put a ski through the wing while clamping it down.

tjw

Reaction score
i have had a crosstrax now for 4 years, use it day in day out work and play, been an unreal deck no issues except for the one side of wood i have had to replace.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of all the decks mentioned, excluding the Truckboss or M-Line, who's makes a deck that seals out water from the box?
Or, who has modded their decks to seal in one form or another? Post pics of ya got'em please.

Flyer

Reaction score
No doubt the Truckboss seals best. It's pretty much water tight. You'll need to fashion some weatherstripping around the sides and bottom of your tailgate is all.

If if you went with any other deck, then I'd suggest shopping around for some Rubbermaid containers to put all your gear in and don't try to seal the deck to the box.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt the Truckboss seals best. It's pretty much water tight. You'll need to fashion some weatherstripping around the sides and bottom of your tailgate is all.

If if you went with any other deck, then I'd suggest shopping around for some Rubbermaid containers to put all your gear in and don't try to seal the deck to the box.

I'll keep that in mind.. I'm convinced someone has made their own.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Of all the decks mentioned, excluding the Truckboss or M-Line, who's makes a deck that seals out water from the box?
Or, who has modded their decks to seal in one form or another? Post pics of ya got'em please.
I have a bulldog superdeck. to seal it I just put conveyor rubber on angle iron and bolted to the deck. If I remember ill post some pictures tomorrow.
i personally don't like it resting on the box to seal up... boxes are made to flex.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Marlon with aluminum deck, its been great. I really like the ramp, it pulls out easy and slides to extend.

Top Bottom