sled deck brands

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there's a thread somewhere comparing the quality of all the different brands of deck but I can't seem to find it. Whats a good quality cheap deck? looking at new or used, doesn't have to be pretty to go on my beater truck I use for hauling. I want it primarily for quads and SXS, so I need something that'll last with that kind of weight on it. There's a Lightweight performance deck for sale near me for $1800 but I don't know anything about that brand, and I'm not sure if the 9ft ramp would be long enough (my truck is a stock height 08 3500 dodge).

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lightweight deck, had it since 2002. Its been in a lot of different trucks over the years. I like there's as it will fit both long & short box trucks. I find the one piece 9ft ramp is just fine. Not sure if this one has it, fit the ramp over, can drive quads up it. Current truck is 2003 dodge dually with same lightweight deck. Its mostly hauled 4stroke yami's to the mtns since 03.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lightweight Performance Aluminum ATV/Sled Deck | snowmobiles parts, trailers, accessories | Edmonton | Kijiji is the one I was looking at. Is that a fair price? I know 9 ft would be doable on a sled but I'm more concerned about the quads and side by sides. kijiji also has similar decks in that price range but most of them are denali, theres a couple stf's, bulldogs, marathons and marlons. I remember some people having issues with denali wiring but can't remember if the decks and ramps were good or not.

Last edited:

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imo cheap is not the way to go with a deck. I have a jetcraft deck and have had for years. The welding has been flawless, and the ramps are excellent.

If you are planning on loading a side x side I would ensure the Ramos are top notch. My son got a Denali deck with a purchase of his truck and the ramps cracked loading his sled. Not a fun situation. Took it to jetcraft and had them redo all the welds and changed out to their Ramps. Works awesome now.

We spend thousands on toys then trust running them up on a cheap deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imo cheap is not the way to go with a deck. I have a jetcraft deck and have had for years. The welding has been flawless, and the ramps are excellent.

If you are planning on loading a side x side I would ensure the Ramos are top notch. My son got a Denali deck with a purchase of his truck and the ramps cracked loading his sled. Not a fun situation. Took it to jetcraft and had them redo all the welds and changed out to their Ramps. Works awesome now.

We spend thousands on toys then trust running them up on a cheap deck

That's why I wanted to know which brands were better than others, I'd rather buy a used deck from a quality brand than a brand new one that's gonna break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lightweight Performance Aluminum ATV/Sled Deck | snowmobiles parts, trailers, accessories | Edmonton | Kijiji is the one I was looking at. Is that a fair price? I know 9 ft would be doable on a sled but I'm more concerned about the quads and side by sides. kijiji also has similar decks in that price range but most of them are denali, theres a couple stf's, bulldogs, marathons and marlons. I remember some people having issues with denali wiring but can't remember if the decks and ramps were good or not.

I have a cheapo LPI aluminum deck that I bought in 2002 for $1700 new with two clamps and have never done a reweld yet anywhere, however the rap rung welds are starting to crack but still good for many years yet. Haul odd quad in summer and 5-8 trips a winter to mountain and another 4-6 trips to farm. And not selling either. New plywood last year - good for another 13 years! And my deck has an aluminum ladder up the side to get on the truck, to old to jump. Definatly got what I paid for.
Those pricey decks got nothing on LPI - I have no shares in LPI either

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For cheaper solutions on decks, I've run my x deck for 6 yrs now and only issues are few electrical wires cracked from weathering. Which was easy to splice and shrink wrap. Had one winch tie down break with the quad tied down to it. Other then those two items its been great. You can pick a used one up for $2000.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Marlon deck in late 2012 brand new for 2100. IMO its a piece of ****, cracked welds, Headache rack broke, stupid aluminum strips on the wood edges pealed off on the first unload. Electrical nightmare, Crappy wire breaking, LEDs burning out like crazy.

Next time i will be looking to buy: Jet Craft or M-line Not cheap but i know guys that used them everyday (Sleds, Quads and SXS) and have been beating them down the rough oil patch roads for years with out any problems.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Marlon deck in late 2012 brand new for 2100. IMO its a piece of ****, cracked welds, Headache rack broke, stupid aluminum strips on the wood edges pealed off on the first unload. Electrical nightmare, Crappy wire breaking, LEDs burning out like crazy.

Next time i will be looking to buy: Jet Craft or M-line Not cheap but i know guys that used them everyday (Sleds, Quads and SXS) and have been beating them down the rough oil patch roads for years with out any problems.

I'd love an Mline but I just can't stomach 4-5 grand for a deck.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Marathon, my buddies all have cheap Chinese Denali's. Other than having to spend a couple hours rewiring the Denali's there's not a darn thing wrong with them. They've stood up just as well as my over priced Marathon with the exact same use. Spend all your money on a deck if you like. I'd much rather save the money and put it into my toys.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbour kid just bought a Titan sled deck at first look it seemed good. Had a few cracks so I told him I would weld it up for him. Being a better then average welder I thought it would be no problem. What a cheap peace of junk deck! I didn't think they made that thin of tubing. I almost had to take it to work and tig weld it the spool gun was almost to much to weld it.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbour kid just bought a Titan sled deck at first look it seemed good. Had a few cracks so I told him I would weld it up for him. Being a better then average welder I thought it would be no problem. What a cheap peace of junk deck! I didn't think they made that thin of tubing. I almost had to take it to work and tig weld it the spool gun was almost to much to weld it.

Stuff like this is why I wanted to ask!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the tubing was less then a 1/16 thick but it did have a middle section right through it. I would love to build someone a deck. It would never break and look good, just a nice telescopic ramp is the hard part.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the tubing was less then a 1/16 thick but it did have a middle section right through it. I would love to build someone a deck. It would never break and look good, just a nice telescopic ramp is the hard part.

Looking for a deck for a longbox if the price is right. . . Lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a deck for a longbox if the price is right. . . Lol

I was going to build myself one but sold the sleds. So might be able to help you out. Like I said the ramp is the hard part. But on one thread a guy said he bought a marathon ramp for $500, I could only do a 2 piece ramp.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't mean to high jack but i am in the market to and been looking around, anyone have any experience with the crosstrax decks they seem to be good but would like to get a good review.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just priced out materials to build a deck like a full lotus and just materials with super clamps for front skis is going to be 3450$. How these guys make any money on building decks I don't know. 1150$ isn't much for labour room, I realize they get better prices in quantities but still can't make a whole lot. I believe you get what u pay for, I wouldn't cheap out on a deck there's a reason they cost more for a better deck.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just priced out materials to build a deck like a full lotus and just materials with super clamps for front skis is going to be 3450$. How these guys make any money on building decks I don't know. 1150$ isn't much for labour room, I realize they get better prices in quantities but still can't make a whole lot. I believe you get what u pay for, I wouldn't cheap out on a deck there's a reason they cost more for a better deck.

Where you price the material out at? If you went to metal supermarket you pay 3x as much there, those guys are crooks! Find a welding shop to price it out for you.

Superduty 11

Reaction score
I have been running a Light weight deck since 08, with not one single issue. It has been up and down some bad backroads and is rock solid. The one piece ramp is very handy. Sure they dont look a nice as some of the others but IMO they are very good for less money.

Top Bottom