sled cover and scratchers

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first doo this past winter and it came with a doo cover. I have an open sled trailer and the doo cover onley reaches to the back of the seat, doesnt cover the full tunnel??? I looked in the doo catalog and it looks like this is the only type they make.

Does anyone have any idea of whereI can get a full cover for my 2014 XM 162?? Hate that the back of the tunnel and my jerry can get covered in crap when towing anywhere.

Also does anyone make a better set of scratchers for the xm than what doo has that really work!!!

Thanks

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a universal full cover at Costco but it fits like crap and takes about 20min to put on so that it doesn't flap like crazy in the wind. Get Ice Storm reversible scratchers, had a set this season and it's the first time ever I haven't had to replace a bent one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got ice storm ones too, but they keep breaking off

Had a few sets warranted and will get the new version this fall

The place bending the arms slit them just a touch and that's where they break off uploadfromtaptalk1405379762409.jpg

Been good as far as warranty , and ones to fix problems will be out this fall as I'm told

As far as covers, not sure if skinz covers go back all the Way , but one thing on the cover not going all the way it won't rub back there like the Polaris ones do that go back that far

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not buy the Costco / Princess cover if you want to use it while towing. Like was said it takes 20 minutes to put on.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Skinz makes custom covers for all sled brands that cover from front of skies to back of tunnel. Not sure on the price though but they make good stuff.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skinz cover is pricey but what I've seen it works the best. Try to get your hands on the new doo rail mounted scratchers this fall. If not the ice storm are good.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get your factory cover modified at virtually any awning/tarp shop. I'm sure you could get something slick made up at a reasonable $$.

Summitseeker

Reaction score
I am the manufacturer of the Ice Storm Reversible scratchers and yes, I did have some issues last season with my spring steel supplier but I have the problem rectified.

I also have a ski mounted ice scratcher for the upcoming season based on the same design of my rail mount scratchers. They will be ready to ship in early September.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the manufacturer of the Ice Storm Reversible scratchers and yes, I did have some issues last season with my spring steel supplier but I have the problem rectified.

I also have a ski mounted ice scratcher for the upcoming season based on the same design of my rail mount scratchers. They will be ready to ship in early September.
Awsome to hear

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
I think Skinz makes custom covers for all sled brands that cover from front of skies to back of tunnel. Not sure on the price though but they make good stuff.

I have a skins for my xp & I hate it! Would never buy another, I had holes where it sits on handle bars on first long trip. I have it up on a deck though

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sno Skinz have a lifetime warranty on their covers. Mine was showing wear after 5 years and I called him and he looked at it and said he could repair it, or get me a new one at a greatly reduced price. I decided to just get the new one for 140$ I am pretty happy with the cover.

As for it covering the tunnel, no it doesn't but never asked if he had that neither.

I would recommend tennis balls over your bar ends if holes are forming there.

As for the scratchers, I have the Ice storm scratchers, and found that they lost shape, so that they wouldn't hook on the rails properly. One of them broke right off. I am also looking for something different.

I have a skins for my xp & I hate it! Would never buy another, I had holes where it sits on handle bars on first long trip. I have it up on a deck though

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sno Skinz have a lifetime warranty on their covers. Mine was showing wear after 5 years and I called him and he looked at it and said he could repair it, or get me a new one at a greatly reduced price. I decided to just get the new one for 140$ I am pretty happy with the cover.

As for it covering the tunnel, no it doesn't but never asked if he had that neither.

I would recommend tennis balls over your bar ends if holes are forming there.

As for the scratchers, I have the Ice storm scratchers, and found that they lost shape, so that they wouldn't hook on the rails properly. One of them broke right off. I am also looking for something different.
That's the spring steel that was used

Call in and get them warranted

When they hold up, by far the best out there for spray ect...

Top Bottom