sled comparison

All4Traction

Reaction score
My suggestion..go test ride some if you can!! Otherwise, you will get a different opinion from everyone that posts here.

Personally I love my edge chassis rmk, and this year Ive tried the new 154xp and dragon RMK 155. IMO The XP is a great climbing sled, but it just wont sidehill or work in the trees for me nearly as well as my edge rmk. I also love the nimble feeling of the new RMK. I would like to try the M8, i hear they are supposed to be awesome in the tree's.

Im lookin at buyin a new sled next year, the new Polaris rmk or assault is at the top of my list, we'll see if I can ride an M8 this season and see how i like it.

Like most people will say on this site, it all depends on your riding style, what your used to, and what kind of riding you like to do.

Good luck, its tough figuring out what to buy nowadays.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All around sled would be a M8 although I spent a day on a rev and as stated above was a fun and easy sled to ride but the cats have less mechanical issues and any one who bashes that is not paying attention.Five years ago we would sit at the cabin wherever and it was like 5 to 1 revs and in the last year things have changed.Polaris seems to have a good sled as well,dont know any owners who dont like them.Renting one would be your best bet. Plan a weekend at Spindrift,Rent a Poo Day one and rent a M8 on Day two!
Good Luck!
catmando!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of these kind of comparisons. How can you say I rode a DOO,POO or Cat up the hill turned around and gave it back to the guy who owns it and have a valid option? To me unless you take that sled for a weekend "min" and make some adjustments to your riding style and put on some miles. I don't think anyone can say this sled it way better that sled. There are 1000 combinations of settings for every sled. I went from a 800 ZX to a 800Rev it took me awhile to change it over to my liking. 3 years later I'm still tweaking. But I honestly feel that sled change made me a better rider. Try as many sleds as you can, sitting standing, driving if you can. Only you will know what feels good to you. Good luck

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of these kind of comparisons. How can you say I rode a DOO,POO or Cat up the hill turned around and gave it back to the guy who owns it and have a valid option? To me unless you take that sled for a weekend "min" and make some adjustments to your riding style and put on some miles. I don't think anyone can say this sled it way better that sled. There are 1000 combinations of settings for every sled. I went from a 800 ZX to a 800Rev it took me awhile to change it over to my liking. 3 years later I'm still tweaking. But I honestly feel that sled change made me a better rider. Try as many sleds as you can, sitting standing, driving if you can. Only you will know what feels good to you. Good luck

i look at it this way if you ride it and it tickles your fancy and fits your style of riding thats what counts. thats why i ride cat!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i look at it this way if you ride it and it tickles your fancy and fits your style of riding thats what counts. thats why i ride cat!

Exactly! Some drive Fords, some Dodge, some Chev. All have good points all have bad stuff. It's what flavour you like the best.

SteepnDeep

Reaction score
I have a new Dragon 800 which rides nice on the trail, climbs well and is much like riding a motocross bike! They make the seat narrow like the A-C and the bars straight, which makes it awesome on the ride down at the end of the day!

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys you all have valid points to consider and it's nice to see some friendly banter, it looks like renting is my best option as has been stated

Last edited:

ukrainiansnowplumber

Reaction score
M-8 all the way ,greatstock sled andif you want to add mods look out,i have the boondocker turbo on my and it rocks

What kind of longevity will you get out of the motor? I want to put a turbo on my 07 summit, but not sure if I'm going to blow up the horseys.

Top Bottom