Sled accident in Calgary

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF? Nice riding buddy, fled the scene. With friends like that a person doesn't need any enemies. Use your heads is right. Almost 4 in the morning and in an area like that. Unreal. Hope they're ok.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF? Nice riding buddy, fled the scene. With friends like that a person doesn't need any enemies. Use your heads is right. Almost 4 in the morning and in an area like that. Unreal. Hope they're ok.

Nobody left the scene, when they reported that the sleds had been removed, they meant the cops removed them because they thought both only had minor injuries. Its a problem because the accident reconstruction guys don't know where the sleds were originally positioned to cause her head injury, since they were removed so quickly. but hey - boozed up and ripping around the streets on a hi-powered machine with no helmet WTF do you think will happen?

One sled came up over a rise and slammed into a parked truck. I heard the girl hit the truck first then the 2nd sled hit the girl, which is what they think maybe caused the head injury. Don't know what's true or not really...personally don't care, these are the choices some people make.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at 1:05 she says the other driver of the other snowmobile fled the scene. Am I not hearing that properly? Two on one sled, the one that crashed, and the other fled.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad if i'm not understanding it properly. Looks like a bad accident regardless. Hopefully it works out in their favor.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
My bad if i'm not understanding it properly. Looks like a bad accident regardless. Hopefully it works out in their favor.

Not sure how any o this could work out in anyones favor??? The best outcome is they both make a full recovery.. but ultimately there will likely be legal issues

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure there was only one sled to begin with.....she was on the back of a turbo nytro.....shes doing ok but expects to be in the hospital 3-4 weeks.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully a positive outcome yes.

"im pretty sure there was only one sled to begin with.....she was on the back of a turbo nytro.....shes doing ok but expects to be in the hospital 3-4 weeks".

am I the only person hearing them say the other snowmobile fled the scene? Listen again, at 20 seconds until the 1:15 mark it clearly says two snowmobiles driving illegally, one fled scene. is the reporter on drugs? 1:08 clearly says fled the scene. I wasn't there, i'm just going by the reporter is clearly saying in the video.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing going by here but the odd horse and buggy. Good ol' Strathcona County. Lol

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully a positive outcome yes.

"im pretty sure there was only one sled to begin with.....she was on the back of a turbo nytro.....shes doing ok but expects to be in the hospital 3-4 weeks".

am I the only person hearing them say the other snowmobile fled the scene? Listen again, at 20 seconds until the 1:15 mark it clearly says two snowmobiles driving illegally, one fled scene. is the reporter on drugs? 1:08 clearly says fled the scene. I wasn't there, i'm just going by the reporter is clearly saying in the video.

You're right, when they first reported this a few days ago, they said there was a second sled and that person fled the scene.

24V E30

Reaction score
I live in silverado and honestly where they were riding is just retarded, sucks she has serious injuries but really they fawking deserve it. How dumb retarded drunk brain dead are you to ride on and around a storm water run off pond on a turbo yammy at 330am?!?!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in silverado and honestly where they were riding is just retarded, sucks she has serious injuries but really they fawking deserve it. How dumb retarded drunk brain dead are you to ride on and around a storm water run off pond on a turbo yammy at 330am?!?!

Wouldnt be the first time stolen sleds were ridden around Calgary in the middle of the night. Not saying these were stolen but it has been the case a few times.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at 1:05 she says the other driver of the other snowmobile fled the scene. Am I not hearing that properly? Two on one sled, the one that crashed, and the other fled.

didn;t watch the vid just read the article, so you're probably hearing her right. Regardless - unless its snowing hard enough to cover your tracks almost instantly, "fleeing" the scene on a sled is highly unlikely, the cops just follow your tracks back to your house. I think we've all been tempted to hit Deerfoot during a big snowstorm but it would be be pretty easy for the cops to figure out who it was.....

Clearly no thought process went into these peoples actions.

Top Bottom