Skinz Nytro Front Suspension

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Well the embargo has been lifted we can talk about the new front suspension kit for Nytro's by Skinz. :d

The new front suspension moves the ski forward and adjusts the geometry allowing the Nytro's to sidehill and turn out more like a M series or Pro RMK.

The arms will be available in Silk Satin Flat Black, and Super Chrome as standard colors but they can be ordered in other colors for a up charge.

The kits will include everything needed for a complete installation. This includes the new steering rods, upper & lower A-arms(4130 Chromalloy), upper/lower heim joints, a-arm bushings, hardware, etc..

The front suspension will be available in the following configurations:

1. Complete kit without shocks Retail $1049.95
2. Complete kit w/Fox Evol R Shocks Retail $2149.95
3. Complete kit w/Fox Float 2 Shock Retail $1870.00

evan3000

Reaction score
What shock lenght is required? what width is this? when will it be availible? pic's? ?

Thanks

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I believe they have settled on a 17.5" shock length. The shocks will have to have spherical bearings.
They were working on two widths, one a 38" and the other a 40" wide, we'll have to talk some more with Skinz on what the production width will be.
Hopefully the kits will be available late June.
They do not have pictures out as of yet on the production arms, we will post them up as soon as they are released by Skinz. They are also releasing a video on the front suspension product development so stay tuned for that as well.
Hope these suffice for now.

Skinz Front End.jpg

Skinz Front End1.jpg

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the embargo has been lifted we can talk about the new front suspension kit for Nytro's by Skinz. :d

The new front suspension moves the ski forward and adjusts the geometry allowing the Nytro's to sidehill and turn out more like a M series or Pro RMK.

The arms will be available in Silk Satin Flat Black, and Super Chrome as standard colors but they can be ordered in other colors for a up charge.

The kits will include everything needed for a complete installation. This includes the new steering rods, upper & lower A-arms(4130 Chromalloy), upper/lower heim joints, a-arm bushings, hardware, etc..

The front suspension will be available in the following configurations:

1. Complete kit without shocks Retail $1049.95
2. Complete kit w/Fox Evol R Shocks Retail $2149.95
3. Complete kit w/Fox Float 2 Shock Retail $1870.00

Sure nice the Canadain price is higher than the American price ....but I guess with the crappy state of our canadain dollar right now it makes sense:confused::bs::lame: why not just order it out of the states for 949.50 and save whatever over par the dollar is too.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Sure nice the Canadain price is higher than the American price ....but I guess with the crappy state of our canadain dollar right now it makes sense:confused::bs::lame: why not just order it out of the states for 949.50 and save whatever over par the dollar is too.

Our price includes the shipping to Canada. The price off the site does not include the shipping to Canada. Shipping to Canada is very expensive. Our price also includes the international banking fees that you/we pay when you use a credit card to pay for your purchase. Depending on the method of shipment you will also be paying brokerage fees which can be up to 10% of the cost of the item.

Jan

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Are they lighter than the stock ones?

We do not know at this time, maybe once they go into production we can get ahold of weights for the arms. My guess at this time is they would be the same weight as stock as the new arms will be longer. The weight savings would come into play for anyone moving up from coil springs to the Floats.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Please also keep in mind the pricing we posted is preliminary. Skinz is not even looking at accepting orders until mid June which is probably contrary to what you may have read else where. A lot can change between now and then.
Once the kits actually go into production we'll be able to firm up pricing on this product.
The MTX kit will be based on a 39" width but the XTX and FX kit widths have not been determined.

evan3000

Reaction score
I hope they shape up there pricing a bit! $1000 for a arms is a bit steep if you ask me. I am not trying to be the typical poster who has to post somthing negitive about somone's new product, it just seems fairly steep for a set of A arms compared to other manufacturers, hopefully they will take the feed back!

Will the arms fit coil over shocks? It just looks tight between the arms.
Thanks

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
So far Skinz has not done any development on the use of coil spring shocks. They are considering it, but they'll need some time on the snow before they will commit one way or another.
The thought pattern behind these kits is to improve the handling of these sleds. The trail version of arms will not have a connection for a sway bar, from their testing they found the new front suspension handles much better than stock without the sway bar. They did experiment with a sway bar on the new suspension but found the front suspension did not respond as well as it did without.
The MTX version helps with items such as sidehilling and downhill turn outs. The MTX's have a tendacy to want to dive rather than hold a side hill with the stock suspension. They also tend to be hard to pull over and when they do start to pull over they are very hard to balance.
The Skinz kits are not lite weight version of the Yamaha stock front suspension and as such they do not follow the old suspension geometry and ski positioning. The kits are a result of out of the box thinking by Skinz on how to improve the handling of the Nytro.

skylinegtr

Reaction score
I hope they shape up there pricing a bit! $1000 for a arms is a bit steep if you ask me. I am not trying to be the typical poster who has to post somthing negitive about somone's new product, it just seems fairly steep for a set of A arms compared to other manufacturers, hopefully they will take the feed back!

Will the arms fit coil over shocks? It just looks tight between the arms.
Thanks

spindel,spindle housing,upper and lower A arms for apex from yamaha no hardware left side only 1200.00 now thats steep!

evan3000

Reaction score
spindel,spindle housing,upper and lower A arms for apex from yamaha no hardware left side only 1200.00 now thats steep!

If your going to by Yamaha stuff shop in the states you will save 50%!!!! trust me!!!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I spent about an hour on the phone with Jake from Skinz today and are some of the highlights on the new front suspension by Skinz.
- The trail width has been set at 42" and it will have brackets for a sway bar. Skinz does not recommend the use of a sway bar with shocks supplied with the kit.
- The MTX version remains at 39” and it will not have brackets for a sway bar.
- The big issue for shocks is that they need to have spherical bearings top and bottom. Most accessory type shocks from Fox will come with spherical bearings.
- Ohlins shocks will not work with the new suspension but EXIT shocks will.
- While the Float R Evol is one of the options for the new kits, at this time the Float X Evol will not fit at this time.
- The shocks supplied with the kits will be manufactured by Fox to Skinz specifications.

Top Bottom