Skidoo xm with 3 inch track

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have two ways to install the 3 inch on a xm chassie, first and cheapest is to just buy some 7 tooth advid drivers and install, swap gearing and your enjoy, second and more costly is to roll and drop your chaincase then find some 8 tooth 3 inch pitch drivers... keep in mind the tmotion will be screaming for help in either choice....with the three inch and will need an upgrade

How is everybody liking the 3 inch, what did you do to fit it in the sled??

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have not seen one in person, but after watching a xm turbo run last weekend on a stock track the tmotion was not a skid for that, i would think the three inch would do the same to the tmotion... now if your into ski lift and dancing all over it could be just fine...

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I find it just a little to tippy so was thinking changing the track might make it a little less, I would greatly appreciate the feedback thanks!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it just a little to tippy so was thinking changing the track might make it a little less, I would greatly appreciate the feedback thanks!!

I will be modifying the 3" to a flex edge so well see. Maybe consider a free ride front end for yours? But to be honest they are very tippy and it takes a few rides to get used to. I won't go back now

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the 3" with the 7 tooth avids. I dont find that it wheelies too much at all, it is very tippy though.
I've only ridden it for 200km so i'm still dealing with the transition to the new handling, although i'm prepared to use it as an excuse for the rest of the season if necessary!
short term pain for long term gain!

dooski

Reaction score
I have a 3 inch track by 174 and I love it. At first I couldnt get over 7000 rpm but i changed the ramp angles on the primary clutch and put the shockwave on my secondary clutch. I absolutly love my sled. I will be doing some more fine tuning on the clutching and get it dialed in. Oh I put smaller drivers on as well didnt do the drop and roll yet. I have been keeping up to my buddys well tuned m1000 with a 174 3 inch track

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keeping up?

I have a 3 inch track by 174 and I love it. At first I couldnt get over 7000 rpm but i changed the ramp angles on the primary clutch and put the shockwave on my secondary clutch. I absolutly love my sled. I will be doing some more fine tuning on the clutching and get it dialed in. Oh I put smaller drivers on as well didnt do the drop and roll yet. I have been keeping up to my buddys well tuned m1000 with a 174 3 inch track

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better than stock is a relative term lol. if were talking about starting off on an incline or in deep deep powder or travelling at slower speeds in tight areas then absolutely its better than stock. it IS going to be a little slower and not want to carve as well as the stock track but IMO thats an ok trade off for me because of the way/places I like to ride.
How does it work? Better the stock

dooski

Reaction score
actually beating him in some cases, when he gets a run at the hill hell beat me by 10 ft but my sled is stock except the clutching. his is all done up 190hp
oh and the same length of track but im wider by 1 inch

mctrailboss

Reaction score
I have done my 154 to a 156 3", it also has a turbo and I love it. Yes you can wheelie, but you can also adjust the rear skid to minimize that. I did 7 tooth drivers, fits great. not sure why someone would say it doesnt lay over as well, i would disagree with that. you trench less with less track spin so your running boards are off the snow more.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
i have not seen one in person, but after watching a xm turbo run last weekend on a stock track the tmotion was not a skid for that, i would think the three inch would do the same to the tmotion... now if your into ski lift and dancing all over it could be just fine...

Pulling hills maybe not but what about the trees? Chances are the video wasn't in the trees. It think it would work just fine in the trees with boost.

Top Bottom