Skidoo xm problem thread..........

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from the same person who wants goggle and glove warmers built into his sidepanels....

Maybe he only ever rides one side of the sled and didn't see the other intake? :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he is talking about the engine compartment intake. Were there two on the demo's?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has only been one intake tube from the airbox. Two intakes to the box.

There are a few people who have added some florites and thundervalves to the main airbox in the similar area as the XP.

Do not add extra air supply to the lower boxes like people did on pteks. There is no way for the ecm to compensate for the extra air. Unless you have a fuel controller.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know more of the dimmer switch recall? Mine stuck on me one day and it the grey button broke off when i tried to pry it out. BRP wants 308.00 bucks for it.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looked at some pics from the demo I rode last season. Same intakes as this year thought they angled down more so they wouldn't hold snow. Anyways problem is there. Pretty deep here in Pemberton right now and my other XM buddies are having the same problem especially doing downhill pow turns.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looked at some pics from the demo I rode last season. Same intakes as this year thought they angled down more so they wouldn't hold snow. Anyways problem is there. Pretty deep here in Pemberton right now and my other XM buddies are having the same problem especially doing downhill pow turns.

I would suggest two low boys in the top area of the airbox. There is room like the XP to do such. Just throw away the doors on the valves.

Here is a pic of the SLP valves (which I don't like) installed just under the headlights.

Last edited:

keithnfldshaw

Reaction score
So i took my 2013 summit 154 XM out for a ride this weekend for the first time, The sled kept switching to warm up mode on me while i was riding and it would loose all rpm, I would shut her off and restart her and she would run fine for a few minutes and the same thing would happen again. Anyone have this happen to them or know anything about it.

Last edited:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you give your dealer your VIN, they should be able to tell you if there is a recall on your sled

Mine was a later model that already had the recall done at the factory and ended up w/ a buggered switch and it shorted out.. The dimmer switch was hard to push and once it locked in it was hard to get back to dim or vise versa, dealer changed out the whole assembly on warranty..

killernewf

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just brought my sled in for a new can and an extra key. While being hooked up to laptop there was an ecm update available so they downloaded it. The next evening i went for a little run and i kept hitting my rev limiter at only doing 74 mph. Clicker is on number 1. 2013 163" Anyone else experience this issue?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just brought my sled in for a new can and an extra key. While being hooked up to laptop there was an ecm update available so they downloaded it. The next evening i went for a little run and i kept hitting my rev limiter at only doing 74 mph. Clicker is on number 1. 2013 163" Anyone else experience this issue?

what elevation

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone else's fuel economy like?? I have heard a lot about the incredible mileage of the e tec but my fuel lights is coming on at 70 to 80km's. I'm at 850 km so I should be past break in mode.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone else's fuel economy like?? I have heard a lot about the incredible mileage of the e tec but my fuel lights is coming on at 70 to 80km's. I'm at 850 km so I should be past break in mode.
Same here. 1600 km and tons of gas and 6 4liter jugs of oil. On the trails it's good but smashed wide open i burn more than the cats and polaris in my group. 2013 cats were kicking my ass all weekend on the long climbs also. When I bought it i really hoped that wouldn't happen. My brother is 270 lbs and I'm 240 and he out climbed me easily with sled that wasn't broke in. On clicker 5 my sled only holds 7900 and after 10-15 seconds it will drop down to 7600. Is this what all etec's are doing??

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. 1600 km and tons of gas and 6 4liter jugs of oil. On the trails it's good but smashed wide open i burn more than the cats and polaris in my group. 2013 cats were kicking my ass all weekend on the long climbs also. When I bought it i really hoped that wouldn't happen. My brother is 270 lbs and I'm 240 and he out climbed me easily with sled that wasn't broke in. On clicker 5 my sled only holds 7900 and after 10-15 seconds it will drop down to 7600. Is this what all etec's are doing??

hmmmm, doesn't make sense.
Maxwell preaches that these sleds are perfect out of the box.
No adjustments needed.
works perfect for all conditions.
Works perfect for all riders.
Absolutely perfect.
Perfect, he says.
Other sled brands need to be tweaked based on rider preference and conditions and that is why they are junk, but the XM's are perfect.
Isn't that right Maxwell?
Perfect.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm at nearly 12 litres of oil burned, my '13 pro has 600 km and I haven't used 4 litres plus it will easily do 150 km on a tank. Performance wise my XM is solid, my clickers are on 3 and I'm pulling 7900 to 8000. I also have an SLP can but no other mods whatsoever.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, doesn't make sense.
Maxwell preaches that these sleds are perfect out of the box.
No adjustments needed.
works perfect for all conditions.
Works perfect for all riders.
Absolutely perfect.
Perfect, he says.
Other sled brands need to be tweaked based on rider preference and conditions and that is why they are junk, but the XM's are perfect.
Isn't that right Maxwell?
Perfect.

Dont get me wrong. I love the sled. It rips in the trees and handles amazing but I obviously have something wrong with mine. Now I have to trust some dealer to fix it. Ie. clutching. Rave valves not working properly. I don't know but I need it fixed stat!! Any ideas from the doo crew?? New cats with 30 miles on them shouldn't be out performing me. Any suggestions on who In Edmonton I could take it to

Top Bottom