Skidoo xm problem thread..........

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent 3days in Northern Idaho last week. 2 small problems. I powder bogged once (plugged exhaust while sled was in the "stuck" position:) ). Also had some high idles until i realized snow had built up in the opening of the throttle lever.

Other that that it was great! Used half a tank of oil in three days. (Wasnt bagging it i was a little injured)

146" flex edge definately has its limits in deep fluff though!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very hard for the sled to run properly when in the stuck position. the snow compacts under the exhaust with the weight of the sled and restricts the flow. there is a diverter plate but it only works when the sled is moving at a good pace

superduty 348

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the disc brake cover dents really easy? and it not from kicking the snow off, not the issue. 3 summits and they all have damage, huh but it runs good , 400 miles not one issue just gas and oil yee haw

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the disc brake cover dents really easy? and it not from kicking the snow off, not the issue. 3 summits and they all have damage, huh but it runs good , 400 miles not one issue just gas and oil yee haw

Ya it is from boot fawking your boards. They all do that. What so you think it is? That's the only thing it can be

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it is from boot fawking your boards. They all do that. What so you think it is? That's the only thing it can be

Yep all xp's with stock boards pretty much end up like that. Nice thing about the new boards on the xm is you don't have to boot fawk them. They are always clean.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I think this is the first year my guard isn't all bent up. I still step firmly down in the footwell a bit of snow builds up in there but it just falls through unlike previous years where it took a good boot kicking

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a dealer that may have a right hand stirrup assembly in stock. part # 518326812. It seems all the dealers down here are closed today. I have the week off and would love to spend it sledding.
Thank you

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I think the boards can't be held on by zip ties. Haha might be able to take it off and weld her up

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not specifically a XM question, but with the handwarmers was there something that was recalled or is there a bunch not working? went to inquire about getting my handwarmers fixed on my xp and was told they are on backorder for awhile.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not specifically a XM question, but with the handwarmers was there something that was recalled or is there a bunch not working? went to inquire about getting my handwarmers fixed on my xp and was told they are on backorder for awhile.

Nope but you are right I have a set on back order for a while now. But there hasn't been a recall on them.

Top Bottom