SkiDoo Turbo 1200

Powderlites

Reaction score
Powder Lites went to Dyno today with Turbo at 14 PSI Boost.
This was with a test EFI map and not done with our Tuning Bike as we had made a few runs with ignition timing control.
Big torque for low RPM and boost compared to our Nytro.
7700 RPM 305 HP a little lean at 12.7 A/F ratio but still had 210 ft lbs torque.
Attach dyno sheet picture.
This was exciting to see and feel how much torque this monster cranks out at low RPM.
Powder Lites Inc - Custom Manufacturer of High Quality Snowmobile Accessories

Attachments

• SkiDoo 1200 dyno 14psi.jpg
    SkiDoo 1200 dyno 14psi.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 56

yami

Reaction score
thought it was your kit maybe im wrong but i don't think . pistons went, true or not??
not trying to condem just wondering as im interested. what about reverse is it possiable to run with hyvo chain and gears

No comment on the third motor blowing up and why ???? lets here about how durable the motor is at 14lbs of boost rather than the power its capable of. were all interested in it, just nice to know the good points and bad points before spending the coin. we don't all own dealerships:(

Powderlites

Reaction score
Yami !> We have the same sled and motor that we pulled head off and installed head spacer and still running fine.
If you really want to build a Doo turbo then we can make it right and strong without any motor problems.
Anyone trying to run this motor at higher RPM and or without proper fuel or EFI control will hurt there engines as the same as any engine.
Engines don't blow up!! Only guys that don't know how to tune or build them.
What type of sled or motor you have now Yami ?
Powder Lites is not a dealership!
R & D costs a lot and a few Doo turbo's have broken cranks etc in Alberta with trying to use stock clutch.
Not our turbo kit!
Not all turbo kits are designed the same and have a :thumbsup2:good EFI system with Ignition timing control to retarded timing with boost.
Our turbo kits are top notch and I would know if they were blowing up motors.
SkiDoo 1200 engine is very strong and 210 ft lbs of torque is going to make track speed quick and that's why it does so well at the drags on low boost.
We haven't broke a chain or any parts with over 1200 miles on our kit.
I tell SkiDoo dealers to line up all there stock clutches on the bench and slide them off the end into a empty garbage!
We will have good pricing on clutch setup soon.

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I intend to buy a 1200 by 2011 and install Turbo. The yamaha crew must be scared because they can nolonger hide the extra weight and poor handling behind the HP the BRP will smack them down with.

RIP Yamaha's last attempt at producing a sled that the public will buy.

You do know the nytro has a better power to weight ratio than the doo 1200?
Nytro weighs 10-15 lbs more, but has 5 more HP.

yami

Reaction score
Yami !> We have the same sled and motor that we pulled head off and installed head spacer and still running fine.
If you really want to build a Doo turbo then we can make it right and strong without any motor problems.
Anyone trying to run this motor at higher RPM and or without proper fuel or EFI control will hurt there engines as the same as any engine.
Engines don't blow up!! Only guys that don't know how to tune or build them.
What type of sled or motor you have now Yami ?
Powder Lites is not a dealership!
R & D costs a lot and a few Doo turbo's have broken cranks etc in Alberta with trying to use stock clutch.
Not our turbo kit!
Not all turbo kits are designed the same and have a :thumbsup2:good EFI system with Ignition timing control to retarded timing with boost.
Our turbo kits are top notch and I would know if they were blowing up motors.
SkiDoo 1200 engine is very strong and 210 ft lbs of torque is going to make track speed quick and that's why it does so well at the drags on low boost.
We haven't broke a chain or any parts with over 1200 miles on our kit.
I tell SkiDoo dealers to line up all there stock clutches on the bench and slide them off the end into a empty garbage!
We will have good pricing on clutch setup soon.

good response, only asked because i heard the miku boys blew up a couple times, guess i was wrong

Top Bottom