Skidoo requires XM's to use clicker1 for all trail riding? Otherwise reed valves fail

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you not want clickers? It is easy clutching adjustment.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up at quartz on the weekend I was only getting 7200 rpm in position 1 on the clickers and the sweet spot is 7800rpm plus or minus 100 rpm so I had to switch to number 5 . That gave me 8000 rpm which seemed good. Maybe a little high. That was on my 163 Xm.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up at quartz on the weekend I was only getting 7200 rpm in position 1 on the clickers and the sweet spot is 7800rpm plus or minus 100 rpm so I had to switch to number 5 . That gave me 8000 rpm which seemed good. Maybe a little high. That was on my 163 Xm.

Yep but now you may never need to change them again. Maybe lol

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
So it has nothing to do with over-revving... it has to do with a constant throttle speed and the engine not being loaded which creates high back pressure which damages the reeds. Or at least that's what he told me. Warranty not covering the reeds was my big beef though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it has nothing to do with over-revving... it has to do with a constant throttle speed and the engine not being loaded which creates high back pressure which damages the reeds. Or at least that's what he told me. Warranty not covering the reeds was my big beef though.

Thats deep stuff. Were your shoes smelling like horse manure after he finished his spiel?

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I will just leave it in 5 now. You just can't rev the ch!t out of it on the trail, look at the rpms the odd time. If we ever get snow at home I may click them back

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Skidoo requires XM's to use clicker1 for all trail riding?

U need to fix that. 3-4 in golden.
Any higher Ur reving but not puting the power down.

sent from my htc

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Should be clicker 1 in Alberta unless we get some snow like 2-3 feet and its heavy stuff then Mabe clicker 2

sent from my htc

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you not go by rpms like the sticker by the clutch says?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya but 5-6 is not so efficient to put power down. After 4 a guy should look at either more or less pin weight to get back in the meat.

sent from my htc

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ

maximus

Reaction score

i would suggest driving to bowridge in cochrane or motortech in golden for warranty claims... bowcyle will say no warranty coverage without even putting in a claim to BRP and then they will continue to over charge. i had reeds warrantied last year, it is definitely within the bumper to bumper.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would any dealer deny legit warranty work......not like they aren't making money off it

because the manufacturer BRP doesnt like when the dealer makes warranty claims (it cost BRP), BRP will actualy compare all these numbers and when you are the lowest BRP is happy with you and life is a bit easier..... in the car business warranty pay is also lower then customer pay so the dealer makes more money when they charge the customer and this is not kool...

good dealers will fight for the customer a bit so to speak.....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

try them on 3 next ride,, 7900 is ideal not 8000... power falls off after the peak 7900 so stay under if anything...

I left mine on 3 all season last year 2012 etec golden fernie revy,,,, I agree with Maxwell didnt see any reason to play with them they were spot on

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try them on 3 next ride,, 7900 is ideal not 8000... power falls off after the peak 7900 so stay under if anything...

I left mine on 3 all season last year 2012 etec golden fernie revy,,,, I agree with Maxwell didnt see any reason to play with them they were spot on

Mine were put on 3 by the dealer I assume since that is where they were wnen I picked it up 1400km later they haven't been changed. Seem to work perfect right there.

Top Bottom