skidoo 2016

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if Doo is king of the hill and the best mountain sled ever because it has a 174x3 track offered by oem based upon comments by Doo faithful members of this forum,

What would happen should Polaris or cat offer the same track? Or is Doo still the best because they were the first to offer it as oem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polaris is lighter and now has a similar power engine. If they release a 174x3 it would be game over for skidoo as far as deep snow performance is concerned. The only thing the Doo would have is 16" track but I don't think that will offset the difference in weight between the two. And this is what I've been saying all along top sled from each brand the t3 dominates but if polaris does release a 174 then Us doo guys won't have any leg to stand on except for the fact the etec is a proven engine but that's about it.

signedge

Reaction score
That's a big if and the t3 has a season under it's belt. If Polaris comes out with a longer track great but lets first see how this new polaris olds up. Hasn't done anything yet.
You would think if the motor was that great they would give a hp. But they don't know or they know and they don't want to tell anyone

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a big if and the t3 has a season under it's belt. If Polaris comes out with a longer track great but lets first see how this new polaris olds up. Hasn't done anything yet.
You would think if the motor was that great they would give a hp. But they don't know or they know and they don't want to tell anyone

Its not like Doo releases their HP numbers. They are still using the same number Dynotech was able to achieve once on the 2010.5 that was in the MXZ with a hot tune. That sled made power! In 2011 they screwed up the cylinders and the sled made quite a bit less power, they went back to the proper design in 2012. Since then the mapping has gotten better with each release and the power is smoother but the peak HP I would bet is under 155hp.

Honestly, the current liberty cleanfire 800 is just as capable for power production in the majority of terrain that the average person rides. But I am also 150 pounds and do not need more power. I have never left the hill thinking if I had more power I would have had a better day on my Doo or the Pro.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Its not like Doo releases their HP numbers. They are still using the same number Dynotech was able to achieve once on the 2010.5 that was in the MXZ with a hot tune. That sled made power! In 2011 they screwed up the cylinders and the sled made quite a bit less power, they went back to the proper design in 2012. Since then the mapping has gotten better with each release and the power is smoother but the peak HP I would bet is under 155hp.

Honestly, the current liberty cleanfire 800 is just as capable for power production in the majority of terrain that the average person rides. But I am also 150 pounds and do not need more power. I have never left the hill thinking if I had more power I would have had a better day on my Doo or the Pro.

You lucky bastard..... Come on guys lets talk REAL numbers here!!!!!! ;-) That better not be what you achived once in 2010!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You lucky bastard..... Come on guys lets talk REAL numbers here!!!!!! ;-) That better not be what you achived once in 2010!

Haha yeah I think I might be overweight right now, might be up to 152lbs! Just lack of riding this winter.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Haha yeah I think I might be overweight right now, might be up to 152lbs! Just lack of riding this winter.

At least YOU have an excuse! Im happy with the overall rider+sled weight on my xm right now....The main reason I want doo to shed some weight is so as time progresses... I can maintain that same overall number!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is lighter and now has a similar power engine. If they release a 174x3 it would be game over for skidoo as far as deep snow performance is concerned. The only thing the Doo would have is 16" track but I don't think that will offset the difference in weight between the two. And this is what I've been saying all along top sled from each brand the t3 dominates but if polaris does release a 174 then Us doo guys won't have any leg to stand on except for the fact the etec is a proven engine but that's about it.
The fact that the etech is proven is a good piece of mind although Polaris may have improved their durability but that cannot be taken for granted until it accumulates mileage on the hill next year and for years to come.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three price threads deleted in a row. Man this site is a joke sometimes.

I agree also what ever you dont post the M.M. S & M moderator only price for snowcheck sleds, that gets you an infraction Lol.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They weren't last year, either. Cat had an exchange program to install the 3"x 162" Power Claw. Doo will be the only to offer a 174 this year though, unless Polaris releases one March 1. Pretty sure you can change colors on the Yamaha release, and you'll have a 2016 Cat - only difference is Cat will offer an 800 2S.
The real question is, will that 800 2stroke be a ctec?

Top Bottom