Reaction score
Have never changed much.

Makes thousands of kids happy

No fancy colors

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424650842.026035.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power increases for the T3 sleds. Not an overbore.

Minor update to the rear suspension on the T3.

Minor change to the RAS spindles.

The return of the XRS package.

BNG's.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fall in to the 90% of riders where the sled performance exceeds the ability of the rider. I am riding a 174 T3 and am hoping that BRP does not sacrifice toughness for weight. Toughness and reliability are important to me although I own a fully equipped shop I am tired of fixing and repair Sh*t. So it is important to me to have a "recreational" sled that won't tie up my free time repairing it. I have hit trees,rocks,stumps and any other objects that may be in the vicinity where I may operate my sled. I have rolled it on cattle crossings, roads and steep hard side hills all tolled several dozen times. This and much more and replace one panel,one throttle lever, a pair of sliders and one bumper. I would not think of replacing the hood or any other related components on this sled with light after market components it is amazing to ride and unbelievably durable as it is. I understand why a expert rider would do these and other mods but from what I see on the mountain 10% seems to be a accurate estimate of riders capable of handling more than a stock T3. I don't enjoy digging out a 500 lb plus sled any more then the next guy but I would sooner be digging on a mountain side then work on a broke piece of crap in my shop.

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace it with what? A snowmobile is a chunk of aluminum with a track engine and skis. Skidoo NEEDS to get lighter but again I really don't understand when people say they need to replace the chassis? With what? One ski? A seadoo for snow?

Haha. Yeah, that's allllll every snowmobile is. Zero engineering goes into them....

Sent from my iPhone

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, that's allllll every snowmobile is. Zero engineering goes into them....

Sent from my iPhone

Lol that's not what I'm saying. Like are the skis in the wrong spot for you or? End of the day it's an aliminum tunnel with track skis and motor all of which are different from brand to brand and you just get comfortable on one of them. I'm not saying they shouldn't keep re engineering the chassis to make them even easier for us to ride but what kind of chassis change will it take for people to not think its a "bandaid"? And when people say skidoo needs a new chassis what does that entail? What part of the chassis is not up to specification for your style of riding? No one has EVER explained this on here. Everyone wants a new chassis but that's as much as they know. Just new LOL. I just want a lighter chassis but that's as far as my knowledge can take me at this point in time as far as chassis design is concerned

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol that's not what I'm saying. Like are the skis in the wrong spot for you or? End of the day it's an aliminum tunnel with track skis and motor all of which are different from brand to brand and you just get comfortable on one of them. I'm not saying they shouldn't keep re engineering the chassis to make them even easier for us to ride but what kind of chassis change will it take for people to not think its a "bandaid"? And when people say skidoo needs a new chassis what does that entail? What part of the chassis is not up to specification for your style of riding? No one has EVER explained this on here. Everyone wants a new chassis but that's as much as they know. Just new LOL. I just want a lighter chassis but that's as far as my knowledge can take me at this point in time as far as chassis design is concerned
A new chassis that has a re-enforced front end that doesn't bend all to hell when you hit something but is still the same weight or lighter would be nice.
Other than that, the current chassis isn't all that bad. I just hate bending S and E modules. A lot of work and time to fix something that other sleds don't seem to have a problem with. My only bitch about it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A new chassis that has a re-enforced front end that doesn't bend all to hell when you hit something but is still the same weight or lighter would be nice.
Other than that, the current chassis isn't all that bad. I just hate bending S and E modules. A lot of work and time to fix something that other sleds don't seem to have a problem with. My only bitch about it.

Good points. Thankfully so far I've only had the fortune to fix my buddies sleds lol. But yes you should be able to bend an a arm without replacing the front end

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u polaris guys look close, a pro chassis is so close to a I.q chassis...

About the same difference as a xp and xm, chassis wise, plastic cover it all

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u polaris guys look close, a pro chassis is so close to a I.q chassis...

About the same difference as a xp and xm, chassis wise, plastic cover it all
the pro lost 50 lbs while the xm gained 25

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, but xm frame don't unglue itself, no drive shaft clamps.. The list goes on

I was just saying, that a pro is pretty much a I.q with different plastics

Same as a xm is a xp

Now the xm totally rides different than a xp

Where a pro is similar to a pro

Nikm17

Reaction score
the pro lost 50 lbs while the xm gained 25
There was a weight gain through the years of the xp. Partly to fix the shortcomings of the 08 version and partly because of the weight penalty of the etec technology.
There was no weight gain in the changes from 2012 to 2013 which was when the changes from Xp to Xm were made

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, but xm frame don't unglue itself, no drive shaft clamps.. The list goes on

I was just saying, that a pro is pretty much a I.q with different plastics

Same as a xm is a xp

Now the xm totally rides different than a xp

Where a pro is similar to a pro

If they would have had the clamps on the drive shafts from new, no one would be the wiser. At least it was something that could be fixed. Doo had their shaft issues in 08.

A pro is close to the IQ, but the Axys is further away from the IQ.

Your Chevy has four tires, a motor and tranny. So does a Ford. Just different plastic covers :)

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy could post what improvements to see on here, but you'll get the same guys saying to just learn how to ride it. Because that's what you need to do, not make the improvements to make it an easier transition, just learn. There were a couple bandaid fixes on the current chassis.
1) the S-36 kit
2) T-motion
3) flex edge track
None of the other brand have these at 40" wide with great handling traits. With a new chassis they could have different geometry to have the same handing traits they currently have but at 40" wide. 36" is too narrow of a sled personally but there's no point explaining why that's my opinion to you.

Those fixes made it handle well enough to make me actually buy one as I like the etec's reliability. If the axys proves itself, I will be on one of those as well. Arctic cat isn't out of the picture either.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom