skidoo 2016

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, we were PROMISED by unreliable internet rumours a bigger engine and hover capability. Fawk skidoo and their lies man. I think I am going to sue that's how pissed I am. Thanks Obama!

Well jesh don't I feel stupid now, I apologize had I know that the truth knowing internet promised you this I wouldn't of previously posted.

I hear arctic cat will be coming stock with a twin turbo 2000cc A-Tek engine in a new light weight chassis that weighs in at 200lbs and makes 300hp with a 4" track if anyone is disappointed at the doo launch sell your sled now before these bad boys come out and all sled resales come down.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya doo is losing touch of their riders needs, this is what happens when out east is running a division for the west, also disappointed with there lack of..

i had had was buying a sled, it would be a poo the way I feel today..

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Not to rain on anybody's parade... The only people that are on here that are "totally dissapointed" are the ones that were eating up all these rumours of a 1000 or an 860.... The T3 was a total dominator last year... and nobody really came out with anything to match it! why WOULDN'T they want to refine it? Any manufacturer would go out of buisness if they listened to half of the people that wanted something HUGE and EARTH SHATTERING every year! If they would came out with an engine... everybody that bought last year would be on here freaking out... Damned if you do damned if you don't. The T3 doesnt need more power from a marketing standpoint... and at the end of the day... THATS what Ski-Doo is going to look for first from a survial standpoint alone. Say they released a 1000 E-tech... Then what next year??? Unfortunate that a 174 and 163 3" sled STOCK was only a huge improvement for you guys for a whole year! whats MOST important.... Just like last year... Its going to be a GREAT sled for your money! And just a personal opinion..... Its going to be the sled to beat... once again! So.. If you didn't already have a T3... What more could you ask for being realistic??????? Don't forget.... 154 3" stock... again.... first manufacturer. Thats a pretty huge change over a 2.5! The guys that love thier 154's should be over the moon right now!

Last edited:

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What could you ask for, ok lets start a list, LED headlights, light weight, maybe a little more power. Oh and what about something to get me to buy a 2016.

Not to rain on anybody's parade... The only people that are on here that are "totally dissapointed" are the ones that were eating up all these rumours of a 1000 or an 860.... The T3 was a total dominator last year... and nobody really came out with anything to match it! why WOULDN'T they want to refine it? Any manufacturer would go out of buisness if they listened to half of the people that wanted something HUGE and EARTH SHATTERING every year! If they would came out with an engine... everybody that bought last year would be on here freaking out... Damned if you do damned if you don't. The T3 doesnt need more power from a marketing standpoint... and at the end of the day... THATS what Ski-Doo is going to look for first from a survial standpoint alone. Say they released a 1000 E-tech... Then what next year??? Unfortunate that a 174 and 163 3" sled STOCK was only a huge improvement for you guys for a whole year! whats MOST important.... Just like last year... Its going to be a GREAT sled for your money! And just a personal opinion..... Its going to be the sled to beat... once again! So.. If you didn't already have a T3... What more could you ask for being realistic??????? Don't forget.... 154 3" stock... again.... first manufacturer. Thats a pretty huge change over a 2.5! The guys that love thier 154's should be over the moon right now!

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They added to the line up. Expanded the T3 tracks to. The shorter sled some fancy new colors schemes. I personally dont care for flash but would love a 154x3. And it probably will be a hit.

VanceM

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
154 3"!! Sweet! Throw some decent shocks on and it will be quite a weapon! Tractor through pow, tight tree lines and whips off cornices.... Does it all.

My thoughts exactly!! I think I will be snow checking one

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to rain on anybody's parade... The only people that are on here that are "totally dissapointed" are the ones that were eating up all these rumours of a 1000 or an 860.... The T3 was a total dominator last year... and nobody really came out with anything to match it! why WOULDN'T they want to refine it? Any manufacturer would go out of buisness if they listened to half of the people that wanted something HUGE and EARTH SHATTERING every year! If they would came out with an engine... everybody that bought last year would be on here freaking out... Damned if you do damned if you don't. The T3 doesnt need more power from a marketing standpoint... and at the end of the day... THATS what Ski-Doo is going to look for first from a survial standpoint alone. Say they released a 1000 E-tech... Then what next year??? Unfortunate that a 174 and 163 3" sled STOCK was only a huge improvement for you guys for a whole year! whats MOST important.... Just like last year... Its going to be a GREAT sled for your money! And just a personal opinion..... Its going to be the sled to beat... once again! So.. If you didn't already have a T3... What more could you ask for being realistic???????

How about a belt drive? That would have been an improvement many would like to see and it would put it at par with a Poo in that regard with the brake in the right spot to boot! And an LED light with a lighter hood/airbox.
Not everyone needs a 3" x 174". Especially on low snow years which happen more often than not. That said it would be interesting to see how a 3"x156" stacks up against a 2.5" x 163" in the deep stuff.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%, as soon as I screw up enough to bend some stuff, ras 2 is going on my 14

No need to get a new one, still have 2 years warranty left, and hope to get new engine under warranty before it goes

Got 4200 km on it and 5000 by the end of the year is the goal

Then hope for 3000 more km next year, got to be wore out enough by then

You better order those spindles now because so many are bending and they are all on back-order.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers shouldn't have any issues moving the remaining SP's now. Then add on the RAS front suspension for a grand and you'll have a 2016 way before any of the snow checkers and pay way less.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
How about a belt drive? That would have been an improvement many would like to see and it would put it at par with a Poo in that regard with the brake in the right spot to boot! And an LED light with a lighter hood/airbox.
Not everyone needs a 3" x 174". Especially on low snow years which happen more often than not. That said it would be interesting to see how a 3"x156" stacks up against a 2.5" x 163" in the deep stuff.

I agree with most of that... ALSO... keep in mind what the dollar is doing... Add a belt drive... and LED headlighs and a bunch of lightweight stuff... All of a sudden your MSRP goes up and everyone on here will be singing a different tune. I think BRP did a great job at adressing the majority of consumer wants... The freeride market has gotten very big and there a LOT of guys out there now looking for shorter stronger sleds for jumping and doing more agressive things. And now for everybody else that is coming in so late in the year looking for a sled... you want have to hear "sorry.. you can only get that size in a spring order and the leftover comes with a one year".

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

I would imagine gearing alone on a hardpack day a 2.5 would be a better option. But... Who buys sleds for crappy days lol. (This whole entire season aside) lol

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what doo was thinking with the limiter strap adjustment gismo. Never needed it in the past.
They have a adjustable kit in the accs catalogue anyway, for the guys who like to mess with the shock and the strap length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
O my friend it will be sweet to ajust your limiter strap that fast and easy ....That was 1 feature i was pumped about .Cheers

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O my friend it will be sweet to ajust your limiter strap that fast and easy ....That was 1 feature i was pumped about .Cheers

yah seems like a no brainer for the 154 3". going to be a wheelie king. little flip and hopefully the skis will stay planted. flip back and play for days. kind of like the skinz arc.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with most of that... ALSO... keep in mind what the dollar is doing... Add a belt drive... and LED headlighs and a bunch of lightweight stuff... All of a sudden your MSRP goes up and everyone on here will be singing a different tune. I think BRP did a great job at adressing the majority of consumer wants... The freeride market has gotten very big and there a LOT of guys out there now looking for shorter stronger sleds for jumping and doing more agressive things. And now for everybody else that is coming in so late in the year looking for a sled... you want have to hear "sorry.. you can only get that size in a spring order and the leftover comes with a one year".

Why would a belt drive add much for cost? It's a couple gears and if they do it different than Poo a tensioner and a $60 belt. I would think a chain, tensioner, gears and a belt case would be comparable in cost. LED light may cost a bit more as would a hood depending on materials but not by much I wouldn't think unless Doo put the R&D cost on the consumer.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol no doubt about that buddy, but I see 1 more moving part to wear out an give trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where the hell is the " instantaneous lift"? lol

Since im not in the market for a new sled yet, im not disappointed in the release. I am very interested to see how that 154 3" will perform next to a 163 2.5. If it can keep pace i will being going that direction for sure.

I would still not buy a poo over a doo, but im thinking about investing in a company that builds stronger after market parts for them. Once those sleds start to fold sales will be crazy!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW if you don`t go through a motor in 4 years you're not riding enough. Can't get a short block for 2000 installed.

I put on average 1500km a year, so no, I don't. This year I've only managed to put 300km on. My current etec has 8500km on it when I rebuilt it and was still In great shape. If your blowing a motor with 10,000km I don't think that's warranty anymore. You should have done a rebuild long before.

Also, I'd rebuild it myself.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Top Bottom