skidoo 2016

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too sure what I think about this set up, why is the limiter strap attached there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRKnJjFDxq0

Sled sure looks good though..

Not sure if this feature will be problematic or effective but I like the idea of being able to adjust the limit strap without trying to poke wrenches thru frozen ice balls. I liked Doo's old system with the big adjuster nut mechanism. When we have traction and hook up like these sleds are capable of, depending on conditions this feature is necessary I think. Looks like maybe the dial is in a precarious spot but I assume they've tested it, Hope it works well.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this feature will be problematic or effective but I like the idea of being able to adjust the limit strap without trying to poke wrenches thru frozen ice balls. I liked Doo's old system with the big adjuster nut mechanism. When we have traction and hook up like these sleds are capable of, depending on conditions this feature is necessary I think. Looks like maybe the dial is in a precarious spot but I assume they've tested it, Hope it works well.

for $100 u canput the old system on the new ones, did it to my xps and now my t3 and like it

Limbo

Reaction score
I'm wondering about that limit strap adjuster location, will it tear up boots or get kicked when riding

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was no cutthroat pricing. I was told that is the price and it wouldn't be any better anywhere else. I would have paid more at my preferred dealer and would have been okay with it too.

Doesn't matter. I bought a Polaris haha.

This!!! I am so pissed at the Ski doo pricing I should have bought a Polaris as well. I am one of many that got ****ed over.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That hasnt been my experience at all. Always WAY better deals in December.
x2
Only difference usually is usually an extra year warranty, shocks and colour and the X shocks aren't good enough to warrant snow checking.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what doo was thinking with the limiter strap adjustment gismo. Never needed it in the past.
They have a adjustable kit in the accs catalogue anyway, for the guys who like to mess with the shock and the strap length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2
Only difference usually is usually an extra year warranty, shocks and colour and the X shocks aren't good enough to warrant snow checking.

Any sp I've rode felt stiffer than a x, the x shocks feel better.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty sad launch. At least I can make my 2013 the same as a 2016

nobody says they're done yet.... I'd wait until the end of today to see if there is more coming...... and no I don't work for BRP/Can-Am, and No I don't have inside information, just the feelings I get from reading this thread

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
X models get scratchers, in season get idler wheels, shocks have never been different on x just rebuildable, u can spring check an in season and get extra year of warranty and now electric start on x model T3

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any sp I've rode felt stiffer than a x, the x shocks feel better.

That's right, but for the money you save on the SP buy a set of Raptors.
Myself I was perfectly happy with a 2.5" x 163". Went everywhere I needed to and for low snow years like this year it is more than enough.

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ you guys are a bunch of Whiney bitches WOW. Do some of u really expect a huge change evey year?

HOLE NEW CHASSIS/TURBO/BIGBORE/HOVERMODE/ANTI-STUCK POGO SKID

come on guys the company and riders would go broke even if doo did come out with a turbo/bb super duper make the ****ty 1timr a year mtn rider into a pro rider almost all of us wouldn't be able to afford it. A lot of us need to learn how to use the machine to its full potential before dreaming of more hp and a hero making chassis.

that is all for today's rant

As for skidoo.....Good job looking forward to trying a 2016 !!!! the devil is in the details I for one am not disappointed and really think all these little changes will complement an already great sled

Last edited:

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ you guys are a bunch of Whiney bitches WOW. Do some of u really expect a huge change evey year?

HOLE NEW CHASSIS/TURBO/BIGBORE/HOVERMODE/ANTI-STUCK POGO SKID

come on guys the company and riders would go broke even if doo did come out with a turbo/bb super duper make the ****ty 1timr a year mtn rider into a pro rider almost all of us wouldn't be able to afford it. A lot of us need to learn how to use theachine to its fulll potential before dreaming of more hp and a hero making chassis.

that is all for today's rant
hey, we were PROMISED by unreliable internet rumours a bigger engine and hover capability. Fawk skidoo and their lies man. I think I am going to sue that's how pissed I am. Thanks Obama!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right, but for the money you save on the SP buy a set of Raptors.
Myself I was perfectly happy with a 2.5" x 163". Went everywhere I needed to and for low snow years like this year it is more than enough.

X2 The raptors are a great shock,
Expanding the t3 line and reducing the availability of the 2.5 during one of the worst snow years is puzzling.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad launch. At least I can make my 2013 the same as a 2016
100%, as soon as I screw up enough to bend some stuff, ras 2 is going on my 14

No need to get a new one, still have 2 years warranty left, and hope to get new engine under warranty before it goes

Got 4200 km on it and 5000 by the end of the year is the goal

Then hope for 3000 more km next year, got to be wore out enough by then

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one could argue that the rider forward position was the idea of an OEM. electronic reverse was from an OEM. 16" wide track was an OEM idea. may not be game changing ideas but beneficial to the sport

As Lund said - most of the advancements you see on sleds these days came from somewhere else, which isn't bad....but just don't think that all the manufacturers have think tanks for these things and that "your" brand (whichever one it is) is somehow the only one who is revolutionary. As an example: the Fast Blade from the late 90's incorporated many of these ideas that are now on several manufacturers platforms later on. Some of the features of the Blade from almost 17 yrs ago....long before any of the big 4 were doing this stuff....

......SLA dual A-arm front suspension (pretty well all trailing arms at the time); an engine that was reverse mounted in the chassis (hmmm...sound familiar....), with carbs facing forward; a forward and higher seating position (......that put the "rider forward"......); a comp-link stabilizer system; a driveline system that eliminated the jackshaft and chaincase (uhhhhh); a driveshaft-mounted brake caliper; and a sub-400-pound claimed dry weight.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true. There's no bartering when your snow checking. Been there, done that. I'll take 2 year warranty over 4 personally. I'd take no warranty of I could save another $1500-$2000

Sent from my iPhone

WOW if you don`t go through a motor in 4 years you're not riding enough. Can't get a short block for 2000 installed.

Top Bottom