SKID 151 03mc?

Reaction score
I was putting on ice scratchers and when I pulled the bolt for the front skid shock the hole was rounded out about a half a bolt.:( Should I replace the hole skid? I know both sides have a little damage but one side is very minimal.
Or can I just move the shock back? I have the drop bracket from SJ it's not on yet. Any help?:)

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any chance you can turn a bushing on a lathe or something similiar. Just seems a waste to get another skid for a hole. Good luck! if you can gets some pics up I might be able to make something for you.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can have the hole filled with aluminum by a welder and redrill it. Or do a search for rail repair kits, there are a few companies offering them. Check to make sure the mount at the bottom of your shock is not egged out as well. That bushing tends to go south too and might by why the bolt ended up moving back and forth. Sno-Tek makes a bushing for the lower shock mount that prevents the egging out. Good $10 investment.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE LITTLE BRACKETS TO MOUNT TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE BRACKET AND RIVET INTO PLACE AND DRILL NEW HOLES FOR THE BOLT AND REALLY TIGHTEN IT DOWN??:confused:

Top Bottom