Ski options for Proclimb that is not to agressive

catothom

Reaction score
I am looking at different skis for my Proclimb M800 LTD 13 model.
I do ride about 40% on trail, and 60% in the forest, steep sidehills and hill climbs.
I don`t want a to aggressive ski that kills my energy going down the trails.

The stock proclimb ski is 6" wide and does not offer a lot of flotation on the deep snow days, so something wider is a must.
I have been looking at the Slydog Powderhounds 7" skis, SLP SLT skis and C&A TXT skis.
I had a Polaris Assault in the older chassis and I absolutely loved the stock grippers but I want a bolt on ski, not a ski I have to mod before they are mounted :p

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got 8" powder hounds on 2 of are 12's and they made the handling all around better in all conditions

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 14. Prolite I made 2 trips with stock skis , hated them , rode a buddies same as mine with powder pros, they were good. My favorite ski is the gripper, I just picked up a set like new on snow and mud, took the stock skis off, put the Cat rubbers in the grippers, drilled out the ski bushings and used the Polaris bolts, fit great. Only been out once but all seems well. Simple change.

catothom

Reaction score
GEN 2 for a 800 153 PC? Aren`t they 10" wide? I want skis in front, not snowboards ;)

thekrust

Reaction score
Correct on the Gen 2
Simmons Gen 3 are 8" wide. Nice ski but quite aggressive. I have Powder Pros on mine and like them very much.

Mark P

Reaction score
I have the Powder Pros on my 13 ltd and I've been happy with them, the other choice would be the hell hounds.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I've got the slydog 7" ph's and they are really nice no darting and still float much better than stockers on a 13 Ltd white

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the slydog 7" ph's and they are really nice no darting and still float much better than stockers on a 13 Ltd white

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Where did you buy them? Who are the dealers in Alberta?

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the powder pros on my 2014 m8000 and find that they are very aggresive and make it steer quite hard. The stock skis feel like power steering compared to them when on anything other than powder snow. Not sure if I like them for that reason. We cant always be in deep snow. Been looking at the new MOHAWK ski that SLP is offering now and am waiting to hear feedback on them.

I have noticed that the saddle for the powder pros has 2 position that you can mount to the spindle. Not sure if that will affect how they feel much. Has anyone played with that? You can move the ski forward or back which may have an effect on the steering feel.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run PP on my M8, run the ski on the furthest hole forward for best steering, and furthest hole back for best side hilling. the deep keel on these skis make for a work out steering sometimes.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Yea I got mine from terry at T&T.... they are really easy going great service all around.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run PP on my M8, run the ski on the furthest hole forward for best steering, and furthest hole back for best side hilling. the deep keel on these skis make for a work out steering sometimes.

What he said. I love my Powder Pro's, but they're definitely not what you would call "not too aggressive". They can give your arms a workout, especially on the packed trail.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you guys tried Polaris grippers? I run then on my XP, much better than Powder pros or SLT. If you look at the Mohawk it's a very close design to the gripper... There's usually good deals on takeoff grippers

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of all black carls cut powder pros for sale! complete 350obo if anyone is interested pm me!

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of orange with black ski loops I am thinking of getting rid of, 2 rides on them. $390

Top Bottom