C&A Pro skis vs Sly Dog Powderhounds

Jseime

Reaction score
Alright, so I have been looking and thinking, and I am going to put aftermarket skis on my 2010 M8 Limited. I have pretty much narrowed it down to C&A MTX or Slydog Powderhounds.

I dont have any experience with either but right now I'm leaning C&A, mostly because they are the better looking of the two. However, if the Slydogs are better performers thats the way I would go. I ride flatlands in Saskatchewan and I like to play around in the deep powder and the trees out in BC. I'm not a super hardcore mountain rider, just want a little better flotation and turning and better handling on the trails, and the stock cat skis are uuuugly and dont turn worth a hoot.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have the C&A MTX on my Nytro let me qualify this by saying I have no experience with the Slydogs but I will say this if the majority of your riding is hard packed trails and you are looking for better handling that way the C&A MTX's are NOT the way to go. If it was the other way around where the majority of your riding was in the powder boondocking and you used the trails as a means to access that type of riding I would say go for it but I don't read your post that way. Perhaps C&A makes a different in the middle type of ski but you have to remember that the MTX's are 8 inches wide they don't handle the groomed trail very well and are not agile on the hard pack. They are a dream in the powder but on the trail honestly they suck but in all fairness the MTX's are not designed to be a trail riding ski.

Jan

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the sly dog powder pros and love them. Excellent handling and flotation, work well on the hard pack too. No experince with the c a skis.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 8 inch Slydogs on my M1000 and they completely changed the handling on the trail for the BETTER, no darting. Etc and awesome in powder. You could get away without the 7 inch ones for more of your trail riding.

Jseime

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I think I am now maybe leaning more toward the slydogs. I'm not a trail rider but was looking for the ski that provides good flotation off trail, and better than the stock ones on the hardpack. Does anyone know where I could get a set of powderhounds? I'm in west-central sask.

cansub123

Reaction score
Precision power sports in Lethbridge AB is a dealer for Sly dog skis 888-494-6228 I think they also ship any where in Canada

Top Bottom