100hp or 100 less lbs???

WKR

Reaction score
I hope some of you find this thread usefull as it has cost me a but load of money to provide this information with first hand experiance. also if this sounds a bit advertisy, sorry, but I do have to promote my shop White Knuckle Motorports at some point.

I put almost 2000kms on a superlight chassey this year, carbon fiber proclimb and around 500kms on cutler turbo proclimb 800 stage 2 and a couple 100 kms on a m1100 turbo with hijacker and clutching. I have tried to be as impartial to each sled as I can. Here are the findings, for those who are on the fence as too what to build, purchase, or aquire.

2012 M1100 Turbo $32000 611lbs full of fuel
mods include
carbon fiber hood
cold air intake
nextech skid
2.5 track
light weight battery
hindle exhaust
vented side panels
seat
knee pads
slp skis
tunnel bag
hid head light
post forward kit
40 hrs labour

pros
great out of the box power
economical to get hp out it
230hp in the hills with clutching and airbox mod, pulls real nice
great handling and light while moving
great fuel mileage

cons
yes your tired at the end of the day
sucks being stuck
sucks to wrench on, lots going on under the hood.
deep and steep performance is not quite there.

2012 proclimb 800 turbo $25000 585lbs full of fuel

mods
cutler stage 2 kit
built motor
post forward kit
shock upgrade
seat
vented panels
a few other goodies

pros
amazing power
makes you giggle like a little school girl
easy tuning
very capable hill climber

cons
heavier than stock
harder on fuel
race gas $$$
maintainance intervals are frequent
a bit less bottom end than stock, making the technical tree riding a littler tougher.

2012 Carbon Fiber proclimb 800 $30000 460lbs full of fuel

mods
carbon tunnel, tank, hood all C3 powersports
c3 belt drive
tapps clutch C3 design
cold air intake
slp skis
vented panels
shock wave helix

pros
super light, easy to move around
amazing handling
extremely agile
stock motor, no maintanance
fuel and go
tireless riding
never worried about being stuck on your own
super flotation
very good climbing and boondocking capabilities
tough as nails

Cons
expensive initially

I have ridden 2 stroke turbos for the last 7 years and think i have turned a corner. I know believe that a light well thought out chassey will outperform anything out there on a day to day basis, taking into account, riding energy, wrenching, durability, reliability and general ability to continue to put a smile on your face. it does not have power like the 4 stroke or turbo 2, but does not need it. you are never tired of riding it, never sore the next day. you can just throw it in the trailer and know its going to run the next day. you can abuse it on the hill and hardly ever wreck it. theres nothing to tune. it literally will make you a better rider. We can and will build you any sled you want but i would put stock in this chassey dollar for dollar. if your ever on the fence give us a call at white knuckle motorsports and i will drag this thing out for you to try and you can decide yourself. i could go on and on as too why the pros and cons far out weigh the pros and cons of the first options, but i don't think i need too.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to see what a turbo would be like on the plastic sled?

very expensive.

I personally would go with the carbon stock 800. It may be big money, but you will get more riding time per dollar spent then the other 2. Then again im a tree rider, so that would fit what i do the best.

With the options you laid out, there is no wrong answer really.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're on to something. Maybe weight does actually matter. Hmmmmmmmmm.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you nailed it WKR. I would take light weight and stock power, with the reliability that comes with it, any day of the week. I just don't have the time to tinker on a mod, and paying someone for something I know I can do myself doesn't sit well with me. your stock powered CF mod climbing monster really speaks to me, and I like what it says.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend rides a m7 full carbon with a 900 big bore. Pretty awesome where he goes with that sled. Lots of people have asked him what turbo he has. They are surprised to hear there's no boost cause it rips so hard

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon fibre with a big bore and some nitrous would be my choice if I had the coin.

Sent from my mobile telephone

Top Bottom