ski doo turbo fueling when are they going to come out with auto tune?

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Etec is set at 3.25 turns vane 7 psi boost 66 aerocharger 1/fast flash 2/fast flash 3/fast flash 4/ 1-2 5/4 6/5 and 100% av gas has a huge mid range bog

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1-3 make sure they are off completely. You don't need to fuel before the turbo spools. 4 pull it back a bit to half of one. 5and 6seem ok. turn your vanes up a bit, too much vane will cause it to stumble by bogging the motor. For sure cut your fuel to 50% av 50% premium helps a lot. I used to run straight av but ran very unconsistent. I'm running the same kit 66turbo @7lbs. If that don't help then custom reeds and gearing and clutching adjustments are needed.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything I have read says 100 octane at 0-5000 ft and less above 5000 but you still have to ride to the alpine I would rather it performed like an arctic cat than look for a new motor..... Lol I guess 50/50 is 95.5 octane assuming we are getting what we pay for.....

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mine down here @ 7lbs wot for testing and such and I am down to 30% av. If I plan on doing a day around here I simply change the spring in the waste gate the 5lb and ride on.. lol I've rode with some cat turbos that ran like crap too. its all about setup.

Last edited:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked my spark plugs and they were black.... Turned 123 off and 45 down one lite set vanes at 3.5 think I got rid of my bog at low range.... Any one know if the diy white controller is the latest and greatest or is the aero-commander black box the greates and news fuel controller if areocharger had an auto tune it would solve a lot of tweeking.....

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im closer to 4 turns bout 3 3/4 I guess.. If your controller has a little blue vac line that comes out of going to the throttle bodies it its the old one. I have ran both controllers, not much difference.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx sick1... I got it dialled in runs great.... Talked to Magic Mountain about set up but they wanted me to open my wallet for any info.... I would not buy a bolt from there..... Thx again man....

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx sick1... I got it dialled in runs great.... Talked to Magic Mountain about set up but they wanted me to open my wallet for any info.... I would not buy a bolt from there..... Thx again man....

yea I was in at one time looking to drop money on a kit there to, when I was told they make there own secret changes to the kits to make them run reliably I asked what exactly it was they were talking about. The answer I got was they couldn't tell me so I turned around and walked rite back out, they wanted an outrageous amount of cash for the install and there " secret improvements". Never went back

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you, as for mountain magic they are ok, you just gotta know what you want before you go in there, other wise your head will be spinning when you leave or maybe a little byers remorse, Been there done that..

Last edited:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by Ken he would have to do a complete reinstall.... 10hrs minimum on my Etec.... He only helps those who open their wallets.... Not a place I will go back to....

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
You called and wanted free advice on how to setup your poorly running Aerochrger turbo that by the way we did not setup and you were told the truth and didn't like it! We have fixed many Etec's that were built by other dealers that were very poorly installed and we charge $1800 to do a basic non modified kit.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
When we do our install modified or non we gaurantee they will work when they leave. We have numerous great running turboed Etec's on the snow.

B3ntTw1g

Reaction score
I have a machine that was built by Ken and I will never go anywhere else. I never had a problem it's reliable and never left me stranded. Ken stands behind his product and it works. He spends a lot of time and money perfecting his art. Also the point of owning a business is to make money! Not give guys free advice that cheaped out and bought a sled that doesn't work properly. I run a business and I won't waste time on ppl that want free help. There is only so much time in a day and I will spend it with paying customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just try to remember that every person that calls your phone is a perspective client, some need to be coddled some don't but if you treat them all like **** when they ask you a question they wont ever call back and probably not there friends too.. But hey I don't mind lending a hand cuz ive been there.. And when I had a bad aero harness guess who helped me out for free...you! mountain magic. so what changed now gotta pay for some advice?

Last edited:

rabbit

Reaction score
Website
gpatv.hyperboards.com
I was also one of those guys who got mm to "fix" another dealers install. Ive got to say they have it dialed in. I wish i would have been smart enough to go there the first time. Those boys know there aerochargers thats for sure. Im definately going to get my next kit from them. I'm not running huge boost, keeping up with other kits running 2-3 lbs more.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Mountain Magic these aerocharger systems are quite simple I figured my out runs fine now and I still have $1800 in my wallet and sorry for asking your advice it won't happen again......

Top Bottom