ski doo turbo fueling when are they going to come out with auto tune?

chad006

Reaction score
Maybe caterpillar, Detroit diesel and Ford just haven't discovered aerocharger yet.
They may not use aerochargers but they do use vgt turbos in many applications now. I think if aerocharger could produce a kit with an aux. fuel controller similar to impulses x5 or boost-it's xic, one that monitors Baro, charge pressure and temps etc. As well as simplifying their turbo itself to the point that an every day mechanic could service/rebuild them like the vgt Garett's that would be the ultimate turbo system for the etec. However I'm sure that is just a pipe dream so standard geometry turbos and external gates it is! For now anyways. Maybe that can be my next project, a smaller frame garrett vgt with a standalone vane controller!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aero kits are very clean compared to others out there, I heard the guys in bc even clean It up more by mounting turbo vertical.. And there proven track record has got them more sales than all the other builders combined... Their customer service from Kansas has been pretty decent for me..

as as for turbo repairs running aero it's been quick and fairly cost efficient in my five years, with one repair needed that cost me 400 dollars

there snow/ air I feel kicks butt over all the w/a out there and is much cleaner and 20 lbs less..

As for for there tuner the dobec box if used at same riding area is fine and once understood easy to tune, when it gets tricky is big elevation changes

last I talked with brad, they were working on a full package ecm similar to impulse, and that will finish their kit off

now having a Garrett and aero, I plan to swap a few primary's around and see how they compare in the hp department.. Can't really put down neither since they have worked well

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to ride a 154 3 inch with an aerocharger the last few days and I was very impressed. I have never had so much fun on a sled. It had had the Carl Kuster setup on it with the vertical turbo Fred was talking about and the exhaust goes out the stock hole. As far as fuel control it was 100% flawless. Not one bog or gurgle in 3 days of riding, and I tried to make it. Spooled very fast and pulled hard. Just wanted to go over backwards lots.

I had a silber kit on my 14 XM last year and it ran fairly decent, but not nearly as clean as this aero kit. I think the clutching had a lot to do with that though. The silber did have the advantage of being 10k cheaper though. This aero was about 12k all said and done and I paid 2500 for my silber kit(demo).

I think I will be running another kit next year and boost-it will be at the top of my list. Really liked that aero but the price tag on it is very hard to justify.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not not sure in understaing your prices with Aerocharger.. Is that a installed price??

this is the price on there web site

[h=1]Aerocharger E-TEC 800 Essentials System[/h][h=1]$6300.00[/h][h=1]Air/Snow Intercooled System[/h][h=1]$6800.00[/h][h=1]Canadian Price[/h][h=1]$7820.00[/h][h=3]Subject to Change[/h]

Got to ride a 154 3 inch with an aerocharger the last few days and I was very impressed. I have never had so much fun on a sled. It had had the Carl Kuster setup on it with the vertical turbo Fred was talking about and the exhaust goes out the stock hole. As far as fuel control it was 100% flawless. Not one bog or gurgle in 3 days of riding, and I tried to make it. Spooled very fast and pulled hard. Just wanted to go over backwards lots.

I had a silber kit on my 14 XM last year and it ran fairly decent, but not nearly as clean as this aero kit. I think the clutching had a lot to do with that though. The silber did have the advantage of being 10k cheaper though. This aero was about 14k all said and done and I paid 2500 for my silber kit(demo).

I think I will be running another kit next year and boost-it will be at the top of my list. Really liked that aero but the price tag on it is very hard to justify.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was an installed price. I was a bit off though. Was only 12k. The sled is on the mot's machining Facebook page. They have a video of it on the dyno.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool page, I had always felt that the hp was that range for that boost.. Nothing wrong with that

install neil is fairly basic and can be done in less than a work day with breaks.. It's actually fun I found.. And dam good to trouble shoot on the hill when you have the exsperice and familiarity of the install..

would not think it should be more than a grand in labor as well.. Aerocharger and brad have been top notch for myself..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure is.. Dealer in Utaw that charges 400 dollars for install.. Had a few buddies use them and have never touch the kit since.. Been a bullet and they have had it out for over a years riding..

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
totally agree Fred. I installed my silber myself and would want do the install myself on my next kit. that's the one thing I don't like about the boost-it. the guy who owns the sled also owns a ski-doo dealship and I'm pretty sure that 4 k just came from whatever shop time it took his guys to install it.
either way 8k for a kit that still comes with a dobec seems kinda steep. would probably go impulse for that kind of money.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it came straight from aerocharger. Super nice setup. Not sure why they don't do them all that way.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mountain magic does the vertical install always have. I also wonder why aero doesn't do it this way too. E-start would be nice.

Last edited:

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1451958196498.jpg
talked to him tonight. came straight from aero just like this. minus the attachment on the bottom for the cooker. also pipe is welded and flanged.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam that is clean.. So nice to not have hoses and clutter there.. Baker said its the cleanest he seen out of them all

just swaping a y pipe on impulse kit now and dam the time it's took me to get the pipe out the aero kit would of been done and running

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In short I had a 2015 pro mtntk and it ran like crap bogged all the time sold it bought Etec 2015 aerocharger and it bogs low to mid range sick of trying to tune it... I sled Valemount allen creek 90 % of time 7 psi boost 66 kit av gas can any one help with their 6 setting values in a Etec that runs properly??? Any help much appreciated before I go back to a stock sled.... I hear how they run so well but I have not ridden one that does yet..... Auto tune where are you????????

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In short I had a 2015 pro mtntk and it ran like crap bogged all the time sold it bought Etec 2015 aerocharger and it bogs low to mid range sick of trying to tune it... I sled Valemount allen creek 90 % of time 7 psi boost 66 kit av gas can any one help with their 6 setting values in a Etec that runs properly??? Any help much appreciated before I go back to a stock sled.... I hear how they run so well but I have not ridden one that does yet..... Auto tune where are you????????
Exactly my point. The whole reason I started this thread. Thanks for that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what are your box setting.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first off try cutting your fuel to 50%, straight av will bog in the bottom end. 1st through 3rd settings are off on the controller. 4th is on half bar, 5th I keep around four and a half, sixth I have around 4 and adjust to cleanup the top end depending on conditions. vanes set at 3 and a half to 4.. mine is pull and go for 4000km and I run 40:1 in the tank to keep the rod bearings happy...

Crash

Reaction score
I run the settings from Mountain Magic on my '14 and it runs strong at 5 psi. I don't tinker with the settings. If I remember I'll get the numbers from my sled and post.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom