Ski doo goggle warmer.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That weather stripping looks like a good idea. Way too much moisture on the exhaust side once snow starts getting in. I thought my goggle warmer location would have been warm enough to compensate but sadly not. Above the can gets warm, not so much along the side.

Zero snow gets in! And the goggles are nice and warm when you strap them on!

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a klim krew pak this year with a fleece lined goggle pocket. Inside the goggle pocket is a small compartment that would be the perfect size for a Hot Pockets or a zippo hand warmer. I'll try this route next time.

Last edited:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of putting the cat google bag, (the one from the old m-series) where the battery sits.

pooch

Reaction score
I have a DC goggle holder, its a hard foam holder that fit right in the CVT cover. at first it didn't work very well as there wasn't much heat getting in the bag.
So i took a hole saw and put two or three holes behind where the bag sits, and a hole in both ends of the goggle bag. to let heat flow through the bag from the motor and around the goggles.

i don't ever get snow in the bag, and they are always nice and warm.

SnowDog

Reaction score
I was damn tired of fogging goggles so I thought I would try a pair of electric goggles,better know as Adrenaline electric wired goggles Page 59 of the Ski-Doo 2014 Fall/Winter catalouge $175.00 , install the heated visor plug on my sled, the electric goggles work excellent..

Thought it would be annoying with the cord but after twenty minutes of riding I did not know it was there and absolutely no fogging.

If the wire bothers s you, there are the wireless goggles, but a bit pricey at $ 250.00, but hey at least you can see, lot cheaper than hitting the too-lies and damaging your sled.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this weekend, I was "facing" the snow for 3 days. head to toe snow and my Oakleys were just awesome.

Paid 80$ for them and never had to change them out.

dsenych

Reaction score
I was damn tired of fogging goggles so I thought I would try a pair of electric goggles,better know as Adrenaline electric wired goggles Page 59 of the Ski-Doo 2014 Fall/Winter catalouge $175.00 , install the heated visor plug on my sled, the electric goggles work excellent..

Thought it would be annoying with the cord but after twenty minutes of riding I did not know it was there and absolutely no fogging.

If the wire bothers s you, there are the wireless goggles, but a bit pricey at $ 250.00, but hey at least you can see, lot cheaper than hitting the too-lies and damaging your sled.

Hum… sounds interesting. I think I'm going to have to try them out

Clay911

Reaction score
509 helmets and goggles are a joke. Klim goggles are also terrible. I bought a klim helmet 6 years ago and buy cheap smith goggles and never take them off all day. Dig sleds out all day without removing helmet or goggles. The helmet is the key to goggles working. If you buy a helmet with few vents then the best goggles in the world won't never fog.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 helmets and goggles are a joke. Klim goggles are also terrible. I bought a klim helmet 6 years ago and buy cheap smith goggles and never take them off all day. Dig sleds out all day without removing helmet or goggles. The helmet is the key to goggles working. If you buy a helmet with few vents then the best goggles in the world won't never fog.

I think your right when you said helmet is key to not fogging up! I never fogged up with my old helmet, now my new FXR helmet I am always fogging.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your right when you said helmet is key to not fogging up! I never fogged up with my old helmet, now my new FXR helmet I am always fogging.

Interesting. Last year with my 509 helmet and sinisters I was constantly fogging up. This year running a FXR mountain air helmet and the klim arctic balaclava no fogging what so ever. Chit they didn't even ice up sledding over new years at -34. Quite happy with the combination now.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

SLY'GLIDE

Reaction score
RSI makes one as well that mounts in the same spot. I suggest going to an outdoors store and purchasing a 10$ water/moisture proof bag and putting a set of googles and gloves in it before laying the contents in the carry pouch.
I used the moisture proof bag for my extra gloves, googles and bandana, and I stored mine in the top "heated console", tool them out and they were perfect.
Also, if your looking fir a quick defog of googles, take the belt cover off and lay them lens up on your engine block and so your strap doesn't touch the exhaust manifold, close the panel for 5-10 mins and they are perfect. Works for me, hopefully it gives you the same luck.
Cheers

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Last year with my 509 helmet and sinisters I was constantly fogging up. This year running a FXR mountain air helmet and the klim arctic balaclava no fogging what so ever. Chit they didn't even ice up sledding over new years at -34. Quite happy with the combination now.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

I got the lower end FXR cause I liked the breather deflector better. But I find the opening to small for goggles to fit.

superduty 348

Reaction score
another key to the goggles fogging up is the fit around the face. They have to be snug any issues there and they will fog up, period. Also the helmet thing holds true.

SummitX509

Reaction score
another key to the goggles fogging up is the fit around the face. They have to be snug any issues there and they will fog up, period. Also the helmet thing holds true.

Best statement on this thread!

I have a 509 helmet with a set of sinister goggles and a set of aviators. Never had them fog up. Best set up out there for me.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently if yoiu take the heated goggle space liner out and brill holes in it to let the heat in the its supposed to be awesome... but u cant drill with it assembled because u will drill through the air box.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just drilled a 1" hole through the clutch cover to let some heat into the base vent in the Ski-Doo google bag - might as well use that clutch heat that everybody complains about. Used 1 1/2" hole saw and drill press and cut two holes in plastic shield. Cut two matching holes in bag with sharp exacto knife and cut a screen to match the full back of the bag so the screen is held in place with the six buttons between the goggle bag and the plastic shiled. Will post some pics but friggin phone will not send them so may take a bit.
Now the bag actually stands a chance to dry goggles.

Top Bottom