Ski doo goggle warmer.

SummitX509

Reaction score
Pre grill filter is the answer. Mine were always wet till I installed the filters. All good now. Goggles are always dry and ready.

I live for winter. Snow, snow, snow!!!!
2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hold mine above the breathing/cooling fins above the muffler when I stop. Works great even in 20 below temps, except for the fact that you have to hold them there. I need a bracket to keep them from falling. Just a simple L-bracket would do, except it would look like chit.
I stuff the strap of the goggles up through the vent from the inside and then close the door. The strap does a good job of keeping the goggles from falling down onto the muffler. Warm dry goggles after 15min every time.

Reactions: CJR

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this spot gets warm enough to thaw out goggles. Find out soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 377
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 374

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that metal? Won't it scuff up your lens's? Hard to tell from the pic.
The plastic rim around the lens prevents the actual lens from touching. May have to put them in the goggle bag.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If my goggles would get foggy, which I haven't had the problem yet this season... I would just throw them between the injectors above the head. It's warm and dry there.

The worst thing to do with gogs are to get snowflakes on the inside of the lens. Take them off and protect the inside when you are stopped to prevent sweat buildup. ( I have quickstraps and reverse mine to the back of the helmet). Keeping the gogs cool and dry works best for me. Shake out the excess snow if they get some inside before putting them back on.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a RSI bag on the clutch cover and it always got wet from snow. So I went to Canadian tire and bought that foam tape that sticks on stuff. I put it around the top of the sled panel Now it works great. I will get pics later.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting goggles on the exhaust side is a quick way to warp your double shielded goggles. Heat just ****s the lenses up.

kwseba1

Reaction score
I've bought the BRP clutch bag as well. It's a joke on powder days(which has been every day in gp! Lol). I've kept the bag completely closed.... A little open.... Almost wide open. No luck. They either are damp and freeze or dry when I grab new pair from there but it won't do much for goggles that are fogged and or iced up. So.... Coming off an M chassis I had a under the hood goggle bag that worked awesome btw. Took it off the cat and tie strapped it to the panel on the muffler side(I got lots of room in there now because I got an MBRP race can installed). Anyway... Same damn problem. Humidity is the enemy. They don't dry the goggles out. I even have the pre filter kit installed. I was thinking the next step would be to drill some holes in the top "dry goggle box" which is also a joke) and then fit some foam around the lid to try and prevent moisture and snow build up in the box. Has anyone tried this yet? Also I was the guy to never fog up. I chucked my old cheap helmet this summer and bought the 509 carbon fibre and 509 avaiators. Now I'm the guy always fogging up. I know the snow conditions are partly to blame but Ive tried everything and they take snow on the inside of lens and or fog up! Any knowledge on this problem would be great! Thanks and sorry about tre long wind

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've bought the BRP clutch bag as well. It's a joke on powder days(which has been every day in gp! Lol). I've kept the bag completely closed.... A little open.... Almost wide open. No luck. They either are damp and freeze or dry when I grab new pair from there but it won't do much for goggles that are fogged and or iced up. So.... Coming off an M chassis I had a under the hood goggle bag that worked awesome btw. Took it off the cat and tie strapped it to the panel on the muffler side(I got lots of room in there now because I got an MBRP race can installed). Anyway... Same damn problem. Humidity is the enemy. They don't dry the goggles out. I even have the pre filter kit installed. I was thinking the next step would be to drill some holes in the top "dry goggle box" which is also a joke) and then fit some foam around the lid to try and prevent moisture and snow build up in the box. Has anyone tried this yet? Also I was the guy to never fog up. I chucked my old cheap helmet this summer and bought the 509 carbon fibre and 509 avaiators. Now I'm the guy always fogging up. I know the snow conditions are partly to blame but Ive tried everything and they take snow on the inside of lens and or fog up! Any knowledge on this problem would be great! Thanks and sorry about tre long wind
I bought some 509's as well but now leave them in my backpack for backup as they fog all the time.

dsenych

Reaction score

Me and a few guys bought the 509 helmet & goggles last year and all of us consistently fog up. I had to buy a new helmet and goggles while in Revy a few weeks back so I could ride…

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of what I did with my bag. You can see where I put the foam tape along the top. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/04/5a8agenu.jpg
That weather stripping looks like a good idea. Way too much moisture on the exhaust side once snow starts getting in. I thought my goggle warmer location would have been warm enough to compensate but sadly not. Above the can gets warm, not so much along the side.

pepperhouse

Reaction score
Ha!! 509s and add klim to the pile of useless goggles. Sexy and good looking but dont actually work.
Back to oakleys and old school scotts$65. They don't fog unless you drop in snow or breath directly on them. 509 and Klims fog soon as you take them outa the box.

I had good luck with the cat goggle bag on my xp haven't put in my xm yet.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
had some original 509 sinisters that were good when I lost them got the new version and they were terrible. My old spy goggles are still my best pair. And they get put in the skidoo bag at the odd stop to thaw then wiped off and back on. All the bag has been good for.

watthead

Reaction score
I agree with snopro, I use Smiths and never have fog problems, unless i do something stupid and drop them in the snow or leave them upside down on the bars.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had smith goggles for years and worked pretty good and usually only fogged when you breath on them on cold days because your belaclava was not on straight. Bought some 509s for last weekend and tatally fogged out before a couple hors up so strapped them ove the top of my helmet.
Ripped them of in the bush somewhere while i was squinting and dodging most of the trees!
Will miss the quick staps, the 509s not at all, fancy junk!

I like the drying bags under the hood, keep info coming in on what works.
Seeing what you are trying not to hit is always a bonus.

Top Bottom