Ski doo goggle warmer.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone using one of these bags. I think I'm gonna get one. My "heated" compartment sucks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 783

c.wilson07

Reaction score
I have one and it works not bad but there has been a coupler times I went for the spares and they were warm but soaked from all the moisture. now I just put my main pair in for a few min to warm up couple times a day. works fine for that

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the cat one that I stick in there that I had from before. Works very well most days. Not so much on really cold days with light powder snow. Too much moisture under the hood and does not get hot enough to dry them completely out. The cat one has more venting than the doo one so I would think it would allow the google to evaporate the water better. Not sure if the doo one would actually dry out wet and frozen goggles. I guess you could just leave the zipper open a bit and it would work. I am very happy with mine and I think they are like half the price of the doo one. Mine is starting to wear out. I have three years of use. Someone else make one too, maybe RSI?

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am mainly looking to defog, doesn't sound to be as great as I hoped.

spikeydave

Reaction score
I have the pre grill filter kit and it does a good job of keeping snow out from under the hood, yesterday I was out and had my goggles in the bag and found it to work good. Dried the goggles and did not find any excess moisture inside the goggle bag.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Element like handle bar bag maybe or ken if you could come up with unstuck hover button option that would be better ;)

LukeD

Reaction score
Mine and my bros gets wet all the time and we're not even in deep snow. BRP should have made them water proof. Our goggles actually took on moisture inside the lens. Not really impressed. We're gonna put the goggles in a ziploc first and then the ski doo and bag try that. Hopefully it helps

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hold mine above the breathing/cooling fins above the muffler when I stop. Works great even in 20 below temps, except for the fact that you have to hold them there. I need a bracket to keep them from falling. Just a simple L-bracket would do, except it would look like chit.

pepperhouse

Reaction score
I just installed mine and haven't tried it yet. But I used a hole saw and put a hole in belt guard directly below mesh panel in bag. Thinking warm clutch air will blow through bag. Anyone try this? And yes I have goggles in a bag inside to keep clutch and belt dust off them.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hold mine above the breathing/cooling fins above the muffler when I stop. Works great even in 20 below temps, except for the fact that you have to hold them there. I need a bracket to keep them from falling. Just a simple L-bracket would do, except it would look like chit.

If you have quick straps you could add a piece of velcro to the hood to hold them there.

My goggle bag does hold moisture as well, may try a silica pack in there. Just not sure how fast they absorb water?

duggyb

Reaction score
My brother and another rider i know have the bag and they cut a hole right through the bag then plastic and then clutch cover and just have the mesh. My brothers hole is only about 2x2 inches and it gets smoking hot in there. He can even put gloves inside it and it will warm them up a bit. wont quite dry them out but it does do well for goggles.

I will be buying the bag soon myself and doing the same mod.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year Geoff. What is Revivex?

I was thinking about cutting open the top and putting in a piece of frogskin.

hey doug

happy new year too! Revivex is a spray on waterproofer. Haven't tried it enough yet to say if it works well. We tried in on our boat tarp this year and worked well. Klim canada sold the stuff but I'm not sure they do anymore.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Okay, I know what Revivex is and I have used it before. Klim told us years ago to spray it on our gear after we washed it.

I didn't have any frogskin so I used a fine mesh vent material. I cut a 1" slot (2.5 cm) about 5" long (12-13 cm) in the top of the Skidoo goggle bag. The nylon material (both the outer and the interior material) was "Marine Gooped" to the black foam inside. This is the foam that is used as a stiffener. I then cut the vent material to fit and also attached it to the material using Marine Goop.

I know there is heat there and the moisture should escape out the top now. It it needs a little more air flow, I will expand the hole in the bottom. I'm not worried about belt dust as I will keep the spare goggles in a bag. Test day tomorrow.......heehaw.

IMG_2786.jpg

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked the RSI website. I would be buying the RSI one. It's only 20 bucks US and has a lot more venting. You need the venting as much too let the moisture out as much to let the heat in. If you just want to keep your googles warm the skidoo one would work but can't see it drying them out.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find this just makes my googles worse. The moisture venting from under the hood exists from there and just "wets" the inside of the googles. They will work for a short time then just freeze up inside. I have all the vent covers, but with this light "dusty" snow we have now, it still gets in under the hood.

Top Bottom