Sirius Radio

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a bit confused with this thread...

I see comparisons to XM radio and the consensus seems to be that Sirius is better than XM. And reading all the complaints here of lousy service...is it only in certain areas? is it on certain radios?
Both of my GM trucks came with XM radio and I get great service on both. Yes, it cuts out momentarily if I pass large trees on the south or a large building, but only for a few seconds.
My travels are mostly NE Alberta (in and about the areas of Edmonton NE to Athabasca, Wandering River, Lac La Biche, Bonnyville, St Paul, Vegreville) but I am on these roads daily....I made a quick trip to Calgary last week...no issues with service.

What am I missing?
Sirius used to be 2 times what xm was for signal

Now would suck the same lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a bit confused with this thread...

I see comparisons to XM radio and the consensus seems to be that Sirius is better than XM. And reading all the complaints here of lousy service...is it only in certain areas? is it on certain radios?
Both of my GM trucks came with XM radio and I get great service on both. Yes, it cuts out momentarily if I pass large trees on the south or a large building, but only for a few seconds.
My travels are mostly NE Alberta (in and about the areas of Edmonton NE to Athabasca, Wandering River, Lac La Biche, Bonnyville, St Paul, Vegreville) but I am on these roads daily....I made a quick trip to Calgary last week...no issues with service.

What am I missing?
XM has always been a joke in BC as the satellites are too far south so any obstruction to the south blocks the signal. Sirius has satellites further north so they provided much better coverage, like I said anywhere except the snow sheds basically. The reception now on Sirius is basically identical to XM any large southern obstruction kills it which is basically the whole Hwy1 from Banff to Kamloops

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So called and cancelled my one radio, told them I'm not paying for a year if they don't get there sh!t fixed

Gave me the refresh bla bla, told them it's not that one bit

Told them if they don't fix it there's going to be lack of b.c clients

Got 6 months for 38 bucks

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So called and cancelled my one radio, told them I'm not paying for a year if they don't get there sh!t fixed

will be calling in the morning to cancel mine see what they say :rolleyes:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

they got me for the 38 bux :rolleyes:

and said in a month and a 1/2 all should be good again ..........

oh and a reboot at 7 tonight

will post on result

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My new one is working good around Alberta. Only cuts out once in a while and I just left the antenna on the dash.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
On our trip to sunshine coast, only had sirius cut out a couple times for short periods.... Actually wasn't bad. Our trip down to fairmont hotsprings couple weeks ago, wasn't bad either... I think it has gotten a little better lately?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still crappy here! I was driving to Sicamous yesterday and most of the drive along Mara was crap. I was going to call them yesterday but thought why ruin my Sunday. Going to call them again today sometime. So much for "it will be fixed in a week" and that was a while back.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
still crappy here! I was driving to sicamous yesterday and most of the drive along mara was crap. I was going to call them yesterday but thought why ruin my sunday. Going to call them again today sometime. So much for "it will be fixed in a week" and that was a while back.
let us know what they say? :(

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My portable one cuts out all the time. The factory dodge one cuts out, just not as often. I won't renew the portable one but will keep the dodge one for now.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I just go off the phone with them AGAIN! Boy was I bitchy to them after spending 45 min on the phone. I asked them how long would they keep going to McDonalds if all they got was fries and a drink but no burger despite paying for it. He said that head office hasn't given them a time frame to have the problem fixed but was willing to credit me from April 7th (transition date) until today. I asked what about going forward since you don't know when it will be fixed. He had to pass me onto a "loyalty" dept. Spoke with them and originally they were going to give 1 month because she said they just got word 3 more weeks to have it fixed. I told her to cancel my plan as I am not calling again in a month if problem wasn't solved (this was my 6th call since problems started). After back and forth I got 4 additional months.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So my portable radio. Says "antenna not detected. ". Then it plays for a bit and cuts out again. I have changed the antenna and no different. I will call them again this weekend and see what they say. I'm not buying a new radio if it still is a POS

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my portable radio. Says "antenna not detected. ". Then it plays for a bit and cuts out again. I have changed the antenna and no different. I will call them again this weekend and see what they say. I'm not buying a new radio if it still is a POS
I have one that does the same. Mountains or bald ass prairie it picks random areas to do it

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may be the radio I suppose

Mine says acquiring sat signal

But different radio may think ant isn't there

Top Bottom