Sirius Radio

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a come on for sure. After waiting 45 min (adds to an already cranky disposition) on hold before chatting with someone that I needed an inturpitor for, I was told the same thing. I said did you put us on the xm sats and she replied yes...I said I want to cancel...she then said well no.
After another 29 min waiting for customer loyalty and before I tied into them he said would you be happier if I gave you all three of your radios for $99 year each??
After Lots of slurring as I think this guy was clearly stoned. I decided to cut my losses, really who can take anymore of this waiting to get an answer or have a decent discussion.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still going to hit them at 75 bucks a year

I get 30 % of what I used to, I'm only paying that much

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different radio too? Must be fm
no, some of the kits that go into a base unit have another plug for a different antenna, on my old streamer unit the extra plug was marked "TER" and was small like a headphone jack. that is the antenna for the repeater system because of tall buildings in the cities, whether it's an FM broadcast system I'm not sure. was reading up on it and saw that all newer radios have the terrestrial antenna built into the sat antenna.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cancelled mine, price just wasn't worth it anymore.
called last night because my nhl channels now say "invalid channel" and apparently the package options changed and mine went to the "select package". they wanted $260 for a year of "premium" and I said that was too much and I would just let my sub expire in July because of the price and poor reception I've been experiencing. he forwarded me to another dept and the woman (who spoke perfectly clear north american english) gave me the premier sub for $140 and promised the reception issue is temporary as they make changes to their satellites. guess I'll have it for another year...I don't think I could go without my Stern fix anyways.

baba booey

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
called last night because my nhl channels now say "invalid channel" and apparently the package options changed and mine went to the "select package". they wanted $260 for a year of "premium" and I said that was too much and I would just let my sub expire in July because of the price and poor reception I've been experiencing. he forwarded me to another dept and the woman (who spoke perfectly clear north american english) gave me the premier sub for $140 and promised the reception issue is temporary as they make changes to their satellites. guess I'll have it for another year...I don't think I could go without my Stern fix anyways.

baba booey
I have found the same thing with them.; Raise a little chit and threaten to cancel altogether and suddenly you are talking to someone in New Brunswick who offers you a sweet deal.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just called in to complain about the poor coverage and was told to just go online and refresh my radio. He said Alberta satellites are working as intended and that he didn't know anything any upgrades or changes being planned to improve reception in our part of the world. He suggested I take my vehicle in to the dealership so they can see if the radio is functioning properly because if the refresh doesn't work it's an internal problem in my ride! What a joke.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done the refresh myself about 4 times and then called and they also did it and zero improvement. The person you spoke to needs to consult with his colleagues. Stupid!

Just called in to complain about the poor coverage and was told to just go online and refresh my radio. He said Alberta satellites are working as intended and that he didn't know anything any upgrades or changes being planned to improve reception in our part of the world. He suggested I take my vehicle in to the dealership so they can see if the radio is functioning properly because if the refresh doesn't work it's an internal problem in my ride! What a joke.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did SA to Calgary and back this weekend. Used iPod on the way there and Sirius on the way back. Service wasn't as bad as I expected. Previously I would only lose service in the snow sheds and maybe one spot between Sicamous and SA. This trip it kicked out briefly (10 - 30s) multiple times between Banff and Sicamous but between Sicamous and SA I had almost no service at all.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did SA to Calgary and back this weekend. Used iPod on the way there and Sirius on the way back. Service wasn't as bad as I expected. Previously I would only lose service in the snow sheds and maybe one spot between Sicamous and SA. This trip it kicked out briefly (10 - 30s) multiple times between Banff and Sicamous but between Sicamous and SA I had almost no service at all.
And that's my beef

Nothing on my drive except through sicamous and going south past canoe

Bunch of b.s

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and they said this was supposed to be fixed in a "day or two". Wish the corporations would just say the truth instead of a BS line than makes us angry. If they would simply say sorry we changed our satellite and we are experiencing technical difficulties but working on it and should be resolved in a month then I would be ok with that. Hwvr, 5 calls and 5 different versions is BS.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a bit confused with this thread...

I see comparisons to XM radio and the consensus seems to be that Sirius is better than XM. And reading all the complaints here of lousy service...is it only in certain areas? is it on certain radios?
Both of my GM trucks came with XM radio and I get great service on both. Yes, it cuts out momentarily if I pass large trees on the south or a large building, but only for a few seconds.
My travels are mostly NE Alberta (in and about the areas of Edmonton NE to Athabasca, Wandering River, Lac La Biche, Bonnyville, St Paul, Vegreville) but I am on these roads daily....I made a quick trip to Calgary last week...no issues with service.

What am I missing?

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a bit confused with this thread...

I see comparisons to XM radio and the consensus seems to be that Sirius is better than XM. And reading all the complaints here of lousy service...is it only in certain areas? is it on certain radios?
Both of my GM trucks came with XM radio and I get great service on both. Yes, it cuts out momentarily if I pass large trees on the south or a large building, but only for a few seconds.
My travels are mostly NE Alberta (in and about the areas of Edmonton NE to Athabasca, Wandering River, Lac La Biche, Bonnyville, St Paul, Vegreville) but I am on these roads daily....I made a quick trip to Calgary last week...no issues with service.

What am I missing?
Sirius and XM are same thing now. My problem is in BC with the hills the service is terrible where as before never had the problem. Very rare I would lose reception anywhere, now I lose it going up the hill in Salmon Arm. Doubt guys in the prairies are seeing the same issues as the guys out west. Any south side rock face or obstruction is it cuts out. Alot. Hoping it gets fixed soon or I'm canceling. I've got 4 different radios on the go. Lots of money for something that works half a$#ed

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and they said this was supposed to be fixed in a "day or two". Wish the corporations would just say the truth instead of a BS line than makes us angry. If they would simply say sorry we changed our satellite and we are experiencing technical difficulties but working on it and should be resolved in a month then I would be ok with that. Hwvr, 5 calls and 5 different versions is BS.
I bet it's Allways like this from now on

We are small peanuts in the shuswap valley

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sirius and XM are same thing now. My problem is in BC with the hills the service is terrible where as before never had the problem. Very rare I would lose reception anywhere, now I lose it going up the hill in Salmon Arm. Doubt guys in the prairies are seeing the same issues as the guys out west. Any south side rock face or obstruction is it cuts out. Alot. Hoping it gets fixed soon or I'm canceling. I've got 4 different radios on the go. Lots of money for something that works half a$#ed
100 %

Top Bottom