simmons skis on an M8

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have trouble steering with the simmons skis or am i just not used to the cat steering. Seems to me they might be a bit too agressive. Even in the powder going downhill, they dont seem to steer like i would expect.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be that you guys are set-up with to much ski pressure. Try backing off the limiter strap and it will take off some of the down force on the skis.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be that you guys are set-up with to much ski pressure. Try backing off the limiter strap and it will take off some of the down force on the skis.

great possibility... found my stock cat skis on my m8 super darty..
switched to simmons... love em

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They seem to steer on on the trail, just in the deep it takes alot of strength to turn them when you are going slow. Never seemed to have that problem with my rev. Maybe it is just the cat design.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They seem to steer on on the trail, just in the deep it takes alot of strength to turn them when you are going slow. Never seemed to have that problem with my rev. Maybe it is just the cat design.

I tried them to . If you back off the limiter strap now your front end wants to wheelie. I put the stocks on for a bit then tried another pair, SLP powder pros work awesome one the cats. This ski you will love.

poppajon

Reaction score
I put a set of cheap Kimpex plastic skis on my M7 so I didn't wreck my simmons last spring. They work great for a cheap ski. I think with Cat's geometry, a single runner ski works better. If you are running simmons, rotate them often as the inside runner will wear out twice as fast as the outside.....my 2cents for what its worth. Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom