Silver Sands

croc_j2001

Reaction score
Heard that there is quite a bit of snow out at silver sands. Was wondering if someone could tell me how to get there and where to go.

magnet32

Reaction score
STOP AT TOURIST BOOTH,OR ONE OF THE HOTEL IN CHEYTWEN,THEY HAVE MAPS,GPS AND EVERYTHING ON THEM:beer:

dirtdoc

Reaction score
Would also like to know exact location, is it north or south of the old silver sands store/gas station been a few years since i've been through the pass not even sure if store is still there. Also is there anywhere to stay around there other than Powder king or Chetwynd?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would also like to know exact location, is it north or south of the old silver sands store/gas station been a few years since i've been through the pass not even sure if store is still there. Also is there anywhere to stay around there other than Powder king or Chetwynd?

silver sands is just pass the store unless they plowed out the parking area on the right hand side of the highway you will have to park onthe same side of the highway as the store watch for sighs for a camp and park there. they didnt plow out the parking at the base of the road in to silver sands last year.

croc_j2001

Reaction score
my friends were saying that you just unload in that parking lot and head back accross the highway and follow the transmission line. is that correct? does anyone know how much snow is there right now? i had heard that there is lots but not sure.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats correct as far as how much snow I havent been out that way as I no longer have a sled this season but I see sleds going out on the weekends ( i live in chetwynd so they come by here) not sure about condtions best way is to call the dealers in town and they could probaly tell you hymark 788-9128 or articcat 788-9558 hope that helps

dirtdoc

Reaction score
Thanks, So park at the camp road, head straight across the highway, get on the transmission line and head north or south? Then what?

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode at Silver Sands yesterday, probobly 3-4 feet once you get off the highway. The trail is smooth but there was no trails punched to any bowls. It snowed hard up there but the snow is bottomless. Good ride but very wet. I got a map from the tourist booth in Chetwnd, has GPS coordinates on it, very accurate and clear, it has hassler and silver sands areas.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visibility was next to nill, most of the trails to the bowls were not broke, could be fun getting in there on a clear day. Even the main trail is not broke all the way.

Paul

magnet32

Reaction score
about45min south of chetwyne,past old gas station,theirs a bed and breakfast on left side of hiway,can't remember name of it.could park there talk to them,great people

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, So park at the camp road, head straight across the highway, get on the transmission line and head north or south? Then what?

Park at Mount Solitude, that's the camp. Then cross the highway and follow the road in not the power line. You can either turn off at 7 km to the left or stay on the road to about 14 km, there is a couple ways in at the back end of the road. Like paulw22 said, stop in Chetwynd at the tourist booth and there are good maps there. Good luck.

croc_j2001

Reaction score
At the tourist booth are the maps there to grab anytime? or do you have to wait for it to open during regular business hours?

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bud of mine went to silversands on the 6th said it was not bad,, starting to get pretty good... here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMGP5995 (2).JPG
    IMGP5995 (2).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP5997 (2).JPG
    IMGP5997 (2).JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMGP6001 (2).JPG
    IMGP6001 (2).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 75

croc_j2001

Reaction score
Went sleddin at silver sands on the 8th. trail was really rough heading in but we did manage to punch through to the little bowl. Lots of snow to ride on the trail but off trail in the cut blocks are full of land mines still. the bowl was pretty good, enough snow but really tracked up, overhang was getting pretty big as well.

Attachments

• sledding 013.jpg
    sledding 013.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 70
  • sledding 016.jpg
    sledding 016.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 76

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we stay at mt solitude once a year very nice people nice little place talk to donna

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long has there been a cabin at Silver Sands? I was in there a few years ago and did not see a cabin. We took the road off to the right, through the cut blocks and then up through a narrow trail through the trees and into a great bowl. Tons of pow, 2 of us played all day in there and never saw another rider at all.:d

Skidooxp

Reaction score
Rode there on the 22 and 23 and the snow was hard and crusty from the warm spel. Took a right after the 7km cabin and followed the road in to the back. Bowl was good where to sun didn't get to it but once it snows should be a blast.

loki

Reaction score
Thinking of a day trip tomorrow. Heard there was still some good snow despite all the warm weather in the rest of the west.

Polaris 890 PSI MOD 159 track
Polaris 800 twin 4x4

Top Bottom