Silent Pass Help!!!

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo i am looking for help to find silent pass. i am coming from red deer. any help would be great. Also how is the snow there? Any areas we should stay away from? good places to go? any help at all would be great. thanks

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
head south from Golden to parsons and then very shortly(200yds) turn right and follow the road to km 21ish and park there. its a LONG RIDE IN AND OUT so pack extra gas if i remember its back to the km58 then up the trail.... everyone complains about the ride buts its not that bad unless the trail is pounded you will love it everybody does. take a pair of extra gloves for the ride out if its cold. it was -21 the last time and tons of snow so i had extras and my buddy didnt... he was solid ice when we got back LOL too bad for him
Hope this helps... also google the turn off and the youtube video that explains it very well
RP

sleded1

Reaction score
We are leaving today to go there (staying in radium). Your more than welcome to tag along, lots of rooms still in radium/Invermere

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking at the 23.5 now, don't park at the 21 as they're logging.
Long trail from there, approx to the 58ish...then up through the trees to the riding area. There is some signage out there this year to direct you on the trail.

It was quite warm and then pretty cold this week with an inversion last weekend so it was very warm up top. The avy danger has dropped significantly but there hasn't been any fresh snow -it's pretty much all hardpacked now with all the settling. We were there last Friday and it was decent but pretty warm...and no snow since. It'll still be a nice day out in the mountains, but not alot of fresh snow. Trail is groomed Thursdays.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so where would you guys recommend going for good snow. silent pass or quartz?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are ya by ur self????????? cause silent is kind of remote and i personaly wouldn't go without at least 4 guys... long way to tow something out ...

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is forsure 2 of us... maybe 3 or maybe 4.

BRADWELL28

Reaction score
we are leaving from rocky/eckville tonight, riding silent and quartz this weekend, pm me and you guys could probly tag along if wanted

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is forsure 2 of us... maybe 3 or maybe 4.

go to gorman for the scenery,, you can go so far and a quick trail,and its in town,,,,, no new snow anywhere really

silent is a 45km tyrail in and a 45minute drive from golden hell almost an hour,,, but nice spot on the right day

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to gorman for the scenery,, you can go so far and a quick trail,and its in town,,,,, no new snow anywhere really

silent is a 45km tyrail in and a 45minute drive from golden hell almost an hour,,, but nice spot on the right day

Yep x2. Thinking quartz sat and gorman Sunday. Don't want to go to the same place in a row. Unless its epic and deep snow

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are leaving from rocky/eckville tonight, riding silent and quartz this weekend, pm me and you guys could probly tag along if wanted

Leaving eckville -rocky tomarrow early am

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt gorman kinda a risk of losing a-arms?? i heard it is very rocky and the buddy i am going with seems to wreck every time he goes there

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt gorman kinda a risk of losing a-arms?? i heard it is very rocky and the buddy i am going with seems to wreck every time he goes there

well it should be kinda filled in by now.... but yes huge rocks so more of a frame wrecker!!!!!! ahahahahaha

I would think a guy is safe at this time of year,, just if u see lil rocks poke n out they are not little lol....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say all 3 are about the same for rocks.... in the same mountain range areas....

thats y silent is sometimes bad for towing something out

Last edited:
Top Bottom