Silent Pass Conditions

smc

Reaction score
Even with the poor grooming this year the trail into Silent is a treat compared to the old days but it would be nice to get value for dollar.

if there is 'poor grooming' there's a reason for it. i bet less then half of the people heading into silent are actually paying trail fees. alot of dirt bags say they're heading into silvermines so they don't have to pay, but then of course ride silent.

on a positive note, here is a video from Sunday the 23rd at an area near silent pass.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvD1vhN3r3I[/YT]

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if there is 'poor grooming' there's a reason for it. i bet less then half of the people heading into silent are actually paying trail fees. alot of dirt bags say they're heading into silvermines so they don't have to pay, but then of course ride silent.

The fee girl mentioned sometimes going up to the parking lot and waiting for people to ride out, probably checking if riders are going where they said. We ride Silver Mines as much or more than Silent (not once yet so far this year though) and feel the questioning look from the girls when going in. The only way to keep the groomed trail poachers honest would be to put the collectors at the 21km.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

on a positive note, here is a video from Sunday the 23rd at an area near silent pass.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvD1vhN3r3I[/YT]

Looks like HoBo too me,:d

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know why anyone is really crying I rode there on saturday and it was groomed for atleast 20 km's we were doing 90-100 the whole way then when you hang a left it started getting whooped out but the single track was pretty bumpy other than that not to bad at all just way to long of a ride in and out

your on a ski-doo..that makes everything diffrent:d:smiliestirthepot::skidoo:

geordiep

Reaction score
That video sparked interest in Hobo. There were 3 trucks unloading there on my way up to Silent Pass.

Blue Bird all day and a lot of untouched pow! :d Great day. Only 10 or so riders out today. Lots of untouched left.

Sorry no pics. Forgot camera at home.

PS: thanks to the 2 XP 174 riders who helped me out.:beer:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
174 how did they work? If these guys are on here i wanna ride with yea to see how well they work, thinkin of doin the upgrade but skeptical on handlin

geordiep

Reaction score
They easily out-climbed me but not a fair comparison (I ride M7 153 stock). They stated it was there first year with 174s. They really liked them. The tracks did not carry a lot of speed but would not stop digging to get you to the top. I was in some steep trees with them and they had no problems boondocking. I was impressed.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had what I think was "Roolan Racing on their wraps, one red, one blue.Nice sleds and made the hills in silent look like a joke.

By the way, should never ride by yourself, especially silent pass....just sayin'.You drove right by us on your way in, shoulda just stopped and asked to tag along.:beer:

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had what I think was "Roolan Racing on their wraps, one red, one blue.Nice sleds and made the hills in silent look like a joke.

By the way, should never ride by yourself, especially silent pass....just sayin'.You drove right by us on your way in, shoulda just stopped and asked to tag along.:beer:

Now me son-- you must be from the Rock--
From fellow Bayman

husanewf

Reaction score
And I'm on the 174" and from home as well. They work well and are worth doing if your up for the labor and money. Doesn't hurt to own a machine shop either.

Your welcome for the help!

Don't ride alone boys not worth it............

husanewf

Reaction score
oh and it's Roocan Racing......... need something to write off the sleds :) so decals are it as far as advertising goes........

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how are the conditions out there? They were UNREAL on Saturday! Opted out of Silent with such a HUGE snowload the night before. But headed in to Summit Lakes area. Had soo much fun just on the lakes and trail. Amazing.:d

Top Bottom