Silent Pass Conditions

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just getting Silent Pass thread going for conditions. It's mixed up with Quartz and a couple other threads, thought it should have it's own for just conditions. :)

Plowed to the 7km. The snowcat did a pass from there to the 21, but it's not plowed. Groomer made it to the McMurdo bridge and had to turn around cuz it couldn't make it any further :eek: The trail was nasty from there on Thursday but all the snow made it better. Friday was DEEP and the trail is getting whooped and kinda single lane from the bridge.

It'll be a sketchy drive for bigger trucks/trailers for sure, especially since it's supposed to warm up.

guido88gt

Reaction score
Looking for directions from golden to silent pass.. How is the area for avy's? Never been there.. Heading there tomorrow

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're probably not gonna get this...but...

Roads are gonna be NASTY heading up there today...I assume. It's thawing now in the valley and the road hasn't been plowed past the 7 km (unless they did it yesterday) This road gets VERY slick, be super careful. You will have a tough drive from the 7km if it's not plowed...we were pushing snow with our bumper on Thursday and it snowed over a foot since then.

PS..all our mountain areas are super high avy danger right now!!! Please read the CAC avy reports BEFORE heading out to the mountains!!!! It makes me very nervous when peeps ask 'how is the avy danger' the night before they head out...when there is so much emphasis on knowing the conditions and the conditions have been very high for quite some time now. :eek:

Last edited:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the road up in good shape?
Was at Quartz on friday and spent the day in the trees but wanted to find out what the road is like to Silent

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the road up in good shape?
Was at Quartz on friday and spent the day in the trees but wanted to find out what the road is like to Silent

Trail to Silent Blows goats as usual... :rolleyes:

Rode it today...it was groomed partitally on Thursday...but it was chit today already. :( Not sure of they are grooming or just running the snow cat over it to make it look good. Finally plowed from the 7 to the 17...rutted up track to the 21.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF???? the trail was groomed so consistanly well last year right up to the end of the road...... new operator???? anyone send a message to the club to see whats up?

summit06

Reaction score
That trail has not been groomed for the last three weeks and they are still trying to charge us for the rough ride in. Should send the Ciro bill. The roads are horrendous the loggers should grade the roads better be cause they sure don't know how to cut trees and leave a nice clean area. That whole area was a nice view until they got in there. The loggers in the Ferne area do. Just my two cents worth. Any way back to the groomer if they groomed last Thursday then the road to 21 would have been plowed. Between the price of trail fees and the high price of gas in Golden and motel rooms I think I will be going closer to home more often. It is better to drive the extra hour to Revy where it is a cheaper.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know why anyone is really crying I rode there on saturday and it was groomed for atleast 20 km's we were doing 90-100 the whole way then when you hang a left it started getting whooped out but the single track was pretty bumpy other than that not to bad at all just way to long of a ride in and out

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Silent as well Saturday. Found some great snow. Met some guys who rode there Friday and they said not groomed Thursday. Maybe Thurs the 13th?

My sled went down with what turned out to be bad gas then my bud towing me ran out. We had to walk out, got to the truck at midnight completely spent. Drove back today, caught some guys heading in and they doubled us back to ours machines with some fresh fuel and all is well.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Silent as well Saturday. Found some great snow. Met some guys who rode there Friday and they said not groomed Thursday. Maybe Thurs the 13th?

My sled went down with what turned out to be bad gas then my bud towing me ran out. We had to walk out, got to the truck at midnight completely spent. Drove back today, caught some guys heading in and they doubled us back to ours machines with some fresh fuel and all is well.

That blows man was there last year and we were the last ones out and drove by 3 sleds within a mile and 10 min later there was the riders "out of Gas" and they had a Loooonnng way to go. rode them back with gas and pulled the one sled out.. but it was VERY close for me at the truck

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you guys wouldnt have happened to be riding with dean and eric moe were you?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where did you buy your gas at that was bad? Was it in golden? What station?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok cause we had a group of guys that I didnt not personally know that stayed behind us and didnt get out due to running out of fuel till round 10 or so maybe later. I was the one with the orange klim coat and black etec

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy your gas at that was bad? Was it in golden? What station?

After some reflection can I just say that the source of the fuel wasn't the problem, just the application.:hmm:

RMKDOUG

Reaction score
I Rode Silent Thurs The 20th.......Passed The Groomer On The Way Up.......Awsome Snow.....Big Avi On The Trail Up, It Knocked Some 6" Trees Down!!!:)

snowho

Reaction score
Yep I was with RMKDOUG , it was great snow and not too busy on Thursday either. The trail from the FSR to the waterfall was bbbumpy but worth it.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Rode Silent Thurs The 20th.......Passed The Groomer On The Way Up.......Awsome Snow.....Big Avi On The Trail Up, It Knocked Some 6" Trees Down!!!:)

Passed the groomer on your way up or his way up? Was he pulling a trail groomer or just blading off the bumps? Maybe it turned around at the 45km. There must have been 200 sleds in Friday based on the condition of the trail. Other years they have groomed right to where the trail goes into the trees but not so far this year.

Even with the poor grooming this year the trail into Silent is a treat compared to the old days but it would be nice to get value for dollar.

snowho

Reaction score
We passed it on the way in ,and he was on his way in as well. I am sure there was a groomer on too. Twas a great day except RMKDOUG was getting stuck all the time and playing bumper cars for real with trees.

Top Bottom