Silbers 850 turbo kit could be the answer..

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..... build your own. I know that’s what I did and couldn’t be happier. Someone with advanced skills of tuning can easily do this and with mild fabrication skill set.

The the reason for the massive blow off valve is to minimize turbo surge or flutter as well it sounds cool for those that don’t know.
So for 5psi the turbo is oversized and for 10psi it would be undersized?

But I guess they need to size the bov for max blow off conditions.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im really liking the Boondocker sidekick for the 850. No issues with my buddies, the kit is very strong and he has 500km on a 391 belt.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im really liking the Boondocker sidekick for the 850. No issues with my buddies, the kit is very strong and he has 500km on a 391 belt.
How is the bottom end?

I always read that turbo kits wreck the bottom end? Any truth to that?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There advertised at 3-10psi.
Just wondering if there is anyone here running one a 10psi or has tried.

not sure about the Sibler 850kit at that boost, bet there is guys out there doing that forsure.. Impulse had there 850 there when we seen it at 12 psi for the weekend we rode with them.. Ran well till a belt blew.. Took a few out by end of weekend in the deep snow we had

as for the 800impulse kit, been running that at 10 psi for years now, no rods let go with that kit yet, but blow a belt and you lost reeds as quick..have lost two motors on aero kits now and both around the 7 to 8 lbs..

Have a few buddy's that have had there Sibler 850kits out for many rides now and discussing it with him lately he said he's ready to get rid of his other mod sleds, and he has a few.. He said it runs so dam consistent day in and day out..with pdrive, one at 5 lbs and the other at 7.. Says the shorty 165 is just a whelp machine, and the 174 has the edge even with less boost in the deep..

Hopfully have all parts soon and be able to give it a try..

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure about the Sibler 850kit at that boost, bet there is guys out there doing that forsure.. Impulse had there 850 there when we seen it at 12 psi for the weekend we rode with them.. Ran well till a belt blew.. Took a few out by end of weekend in the deep snow we had

as for the 800impulse kit, been running that at 10 psi for years now, no rods let go with that kit yet, but blow a belt and you lost reeds as quick..have lost two motors on aero kits now and both around the 7 to 8 lbs..

Have a few buddy's that have had there Sibler 850kits out for many rides now and discussing it with him lately he said he's ready to get rid of his other mod sleds, and he has a few.. He said it runs so dam consistent day in and day out..with pdrive, one at 5 lbs and the other at 7.. Says the shorty 165 is just a whelp machine, and the 174 has the edge even with less boost in the deep..

Hopfully have all parts soon and be able to give it a try..
You still don't have your sliber kit on?
Didn't you get that last year?

Which redline kit would compare to the sliber?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the bottom end?

I always read that turbo kits wreck the bottom end? Any truth to that?

Its just as responsive as a stock 850, it didnt take any tuning like the 800etec did.

You are right tho, I have ridden horrible bottom end turbo kits polaris included.
It took alot of work to get my brothers 800 turbo bottom end responsive again.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya bin a bit of a sh1t show getting everything I wanted before install, should be out soon.. Snow been crappy has been my excuse..Sibler service is not stellar to say the least for me.. But it's comming

Redlines kit runs very well, and is very strong and clean.. Not sure there is much that will make its hp..impulse and mpi and Boondocker we seen out all ran well..

Just heard today about a Sibler kit that motor went out four times in 600km, another that lost two heads in 100km.. So im happy I laid off a bit on the install, but then there is Sibler kits that guys love to death..

the one thing I hear all the time about Sibler is how quick they spool, just as good as a stocker comes to mind.. That alone makes this kit a very good tree riding deep snow kit.. And still makes decent track speed in the steep and deep

my impulse kit on the Etec has ran great over the years, and makes crasy track speed in the steep and deep, but does suffer on spool in the trees in deep snow..

You still don't have your sliber kit on?
Didn't you get that last year?

Which redline kit would compare to the sliber?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya bin a bit of a sh1t show getting everything I wanted before install, should be out soon.. Snow been crappy has been my excuse..Sibler service is not stellar to say the least for me.. But it's comming

Redlines kit runs very well, and is very strong and clean.. Not sure there is much that will make its hp..impulse and mpi and Boondocker we seen out all ran well..

Just heard today about a Sibler kit that motor went out four times in 600km, another that lost two heads in 100km.. So im happy I laid off a bit on the install, but then there is Sibler kits that guys love to death..

the one thing I hear all the time about Sibler is how quick they spool, just as good as a stocker comes to mind.. That alone makes this kit a very good tree riding deep snow kit.. And still makes decent track speed in the steep and deep

my impulse kit on the Etec has ran great over the years, and makes crasy track speed in the steep and deep, but does suffer on spool in the trees in deep snow..
Excuse my turbo ignorance but what would make the sliber spool faster over any other kit?

Is it just turbo sizing?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excuse my turbo ignorance but what would make the sliber spool faster over any other kit?

Is it just turbo sizing?

turbo size, compressor/turbine
turbine A/R housing
billet compressor wheels
journal vs ball bearing
BOV placement, subjective to every builder
and couple other smaller variables

honestly one of the best for sled packaging would be a borg warner EFR series, but there so dam expensive!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for 5psi the turbo is oversized and for 10psi it would be undersized?

But I guess they need to size the bov for max blow off conditions.

Mild fabrication skills???....hahaha, your air box isn't that bad!!

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dos volume play a big factor in a turbo air box vs N/A?

after doing mine drastically smaller than most, yes. It will change the bottom end. You need a initial amount of air (plenum) to cycle through the engine and exhaust to spool the turbo. If there is not suffiecient volume to make up for that you will get a low end bog as the engine basically suffocates itself.

There is a balance as if it is too large to you get more turbo lag as there is more volume to pressurize.

conversely a smaller air box, once on boost, will react faster when chopping the throttle. Pros & Cons.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mild fabrication skills???....hahaha, your air box isn't that bad!!

looks like very effective dogs breakfast but with some shine haha.

i should really clean up the welds one of these days. summer deal!

gonna be ordering a inline A to W intercooler soon for testing.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like very effective dogs breakfast but with some shine haha.

i should really clean up the welds one of these days. summer deal!

gonna be ordering a inline A to W intercooler soon for testing.

better price than I was quoted I bet?

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bolted 5lbs of Silber boost onto my 850.. I've been running 50/50 with 100LL Av and it runs flawless, i'm going to pull back to 75/25. i've had it sputter but it was when i was indecisive on the throttle coming out of a turn and went gas, brake, gas, gas brake and back to gas to get out of my mess - sputter for a sec and then hang on as we wheelied out of the hole..

I spent a lot of time to make sure i cleanly ran everything, heat taped lines, upgraded clamps, loctite, installed a different clutch kit.. Only issue is belts, have to be aware of when you lean on the throttle or they just grenade..

Actually notice that when i jump on my buddies Polaris i run the throttle harder, its gutless so you have to but also i realized that i don't ride the 850 as hard as i should b/c it blows belts at the worst possible time on me twice last year and backwards down we go..
Got a set of 391's broke in now, give them a spin next ride..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bolted 5lbs of Silber boost onto my 850.. I've been running 50/50 with 100LL Av and it runs flawless, i'm going to pull back to 75/25. i've had it sputter but it was when i was indecisive on the throttle coming out of a turn and went gas, brake, gas, gas brake and back to gas to get out of my mess - sputter for a sec and then hang on as we wheelied out of the hole..

I spent a lot of time to make sure i cleanly ran everything, heat taped lines, upgraded clamps, loctite, installed a different clutch kit.. Only issue is belts, have to be aware of when you lean on the throttle or they just grenade..

Actually notice that when i jump on my buddies Polaris i run the throttle harder, its gutless so you have to but also i realized that i don't ride the 850 as hard as i should b/c it blows belts at the worst possible time on me twice last year and backwards down we go..
Got a set of 391's broke in now, give them a spin next ride..
Why are you running 391's? Use the 531 or try the new 571 belt.

Top Bottom