Silbers 850 turbo kit could be the answer..

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running at 7 psi you will get a good look at the internals of this engine let alone 10 psi Caper is right intercooler and clutching would be an issue totally unreliable and have a helicopter on speed dial

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running at 7 psi you will get a good look at the internals of this engine let alone 10 psi Caper is right intercooler and clutching would be an issue totally unreliable and have a helicopter on speed dial
That aside, can it be done?
I am not used to seeing such a wide operating range.

How do they do it?
Just a spring change?
Do you have to change injectors?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your next turbo kit max?

i would like a silber for an 850 as an every day machine. i feel they are the leaders in the bolt on low boost category right now. But i like to push it to the max and silber just cant do that. inst capable of that much boost or the adjust ability i need with the components it comes with. Redline is the closest thing to what i would like for a high HP 850

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like a silber for an 850 as an every day machine. i feel they are the leaders in the bolt on low boost category right now. But i like to push it to the max and silber just cant do that. inst capable of that much boost or the adjust ability i need with the components it comes with. Redline is the closest thing to what i would like for a high HP 850
I am curious how these redline pump gas kits with the new controllers compare to a sliber.

I also wonder what the cost on the redline extreme output kit would be without all the extras.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
add an intercooler and i dont see why 10lbs isnt acheivable. run that all day long on my XM
And how many times have you seen the internals running 10 psi boost...... is this the same sled that sat in allen creek for a week?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And how many times have you seen the internals running 10 psi boost...... is this the same sled that sat in allen creek for a week?
There is an old m chassis cat with a Boondocker kit sitting in my buddies garage that ran at 12 psi it's whole life.
5800km on it, original engine.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

..... build your own. I know that’s what I did and couldn’t be happier. Someone with advanced skills of tuning can easily do this and with mild fabrication skill set.

The the reason for the massive blow off valve is to minimize turbo surge or flutter as well it sounds cool for those that don’t know.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

get your facts straight it was on the hill for a month LOL. melted a piston in the first 15km. had my fuel settings sooooo wrong. put it back together and have 1500km at 10lbs.

its my mod race sled. so i honestly dont put a ton of miles on it for fun. but come race season it gets some HARD miles.

before race season last year i took it up allan creek and tried very very hard to blow it up to make sure it could handle it come race time

Top Bottom