Sidewinder Effect - where does four stroke go from here?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's on the internet and half the sled is cropped out of the pic...
If had to guess Id say its about 40lbs high. But who knows? Give it some time and more people will throw one on a scale.

Feels really light when you ride one, or have to unstuck one.
Found these two on the intrawebs.

Pull starts, full of fluids, full of fuel, ready to ride.

bba957127bd0cc020903bea97e734082.jpg

f7f18b7c95a385f879157f2869124584.jpg

How much does an electric start weigh?

** I noticed the seat is missing on the axis and there is a rotopax on the tunnel. Maybe a wash?

Last edited:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 165 electric start weight of 590 is legit. My pig with lipstick at 630 is starting to look pretty good I figure 250hp is like getting a few beers in ya all of a sudden she's a model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So to the guys getting some kms on there sidewinders how are they performing and holding up not seeing much for reviews or issues with them so maybe thats a good thing! Im in the market for a new sled for next season and am very interested in the SW, im on a 14 xm 163 now!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 165 electric start weight of 590 is legit. My pig with lipstick at 630 is starting to look pretty good I figure 250hp is like getting a few beers in ya all of a sudden she's a model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or at the very least not your cousin anymore.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
So to the guys getting some kms on there sidewinders how are they performing and holding up not seeing much for reviews or issues with them so maybe thats a good thing! Im in the market for a new sled for next season and am very interested in the SW, im on a 14 xm 163 now!

No major issues. A bulletin to watch for loose mounting bolts on one bracket and the rest is history. Damn that sled is super fun to ride, boondocks, jumps, treerides and hillclimbs them all. Belts are around $100 per and drops no oil. so a lot of good going for it. Within 30-50 lbs of a fully loaded comparable 800 ready to ride so its within reason. 1200k on mine and I'v maybe topped up a couple hundred ml's of oil. I can honestly say this. First time in 20 years plus I am riding a stock sled.
Safe sledding.
RS

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No major issues. A bulletin to watch for loose mounting bolts on one bracket and the rest is history. Damn that sled is super fun to ride, boondocks, jumps, treerides and hillclimbs them all. Belts are around $100 per and drops no oil. so a lot of good going for it. Within 30-50 lbs of a fully loaded comparable 800 ready to ride so its within reason. 1200k on mine and I'v maybe topped up a couple hundred ml's of oil. I can honestly say this. First time in 20 years plus I am riding a stock sled.
Safe sledding.
RS

Are you riding with the stock muffler or got the down pipe?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Safe sledding.
RS
Power up kits not ready yet?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, in saying that- you mean they have a roll over valve that works very well from factory??

And some videos would be cool. The you tube are really short of them, and the ones that are on there are huge teasers...:cool:
Yeah, my buddy has one now.

We had it out the other day and rolled it just about everytime he was stuck.

Sometimes it even sat upside down for a bit till we could dig enough to roll it the rest of the way.

Not a drop.

Didn't really notice a difference in difficulty to get it unstuck vs the the two strokes in our group.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to here the sidewinder is liked so much gonna have to try one out soon before next sled purchase!!

Turbofly

Reaction score
Obviously there are not as many sidewinders out there as the ever popular Xm and the pro but it sure would nice to hear some rider reviews/vids etc. Cmon people lets hear some more about this machine! There has to be more guys out there that are riding em. It looks like a decent machine for those with an open mind but it's hard to know with so little owner/rider info.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously there are not as many sidewinders out there as the ever popular Xm and the pro but it sure would nice to hear some rider reviews/vids etc. Cmon people lets hear some more about this machine! There has to be more guys out there that are riding em. It looks like a decent machine for those with an open mind but it's hard to know with so little owner/rider info.
I traded my buddy his winder for my T3 and got to ride it for about 15 min lol.

But within the first minute it was obvious that this is no Nyrto.

The chassis is everything you would expect if you have ever ridden a cat 2 stroke.

Some things that surprised me was that it doesn't engine break like a normal 4 stroke.

And
You could roll it.

Definitely has peaked my interest.

Will be interesting to ride it once he gets the MCS power up on it.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can talk and show you videos but this sled needs to be ridden for a entire day to truly appreciate how good it really is. 15 minutes will get you interested but after a full day you will either love it or hate it. For guys that have turbo 2 strokes and love the power but hated the up keep this sled is for you.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can talk and show you videos but this sled needs to be ridden for a entire day to truly appreciate how good it really is. 15 minutes will get you interested but after a full day you will either love it or hate it. For guys that have turbo 2 strokes and love the power but hated the up keep this sled is for you.

Also, once one figures out to let the sled drive and not try to muscle it all day makes a huge difference too.

Reactions: LDK

Turbofly

Reaction score
Ya riding it for sure is the ticket. I guess it's fair to say it must a decent machine as we don't get a bunch of people on here bashing it with parts breaking, going through belts, and general unhappiness. That's a good sign...

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well,.,,,, I have since 2012 been riding the twin cat turbo fourstroke with the speedwerx 240 kits.. 4 in five years demos,,, love the power handling and not afraid of the 4 stroke... put about 140 km on a 17 side winder mtx at newyears...here s my two bits
-
loved it, frontend is awesome , smooth and torque, loved the seat newer postion seams wider abit in a good way, headlight rocks.... riding again on 21 in McBride, feel free to ask any questions

whats on my wish list, - for me, simmons gen 1 skis, taller medium tint windshield- cause im older , front bumper just in case, gold finger lefty throttle - cause I need it... aftermarket muffler - like to hear the engine . more :)

Top Bottom