Side vent material

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can steer me to where I can buy just the screen material as I want to make my own side vents and do not know where to buy this from. Also wondering if there is better grades or quality that I need to watch for? If anyone could help me out ...it would be much appreciated.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pet screen ... crappy tire ... walmart , any totem or home building supplyer

W O T

Reaction score
I put perferated Aluminum in the Clutch side ski well of my XF. put a $14 peice of Frogskin under it to keep out the snow and water. I would like to find Perferated metal for the side vents (a bit stronger than alum). That way I can powder coat it Orange to match the sled. I am sure you can get frogskin big enough to cover the openings on the side.
I also have some tough mesh cloth that we put under gravel to support big cranes and trucks and such. It is called Geotech. You can't rip it without a knife. Only problem is it comes in 12000 sq ft rolls. You would have enough for 3000 sleds.

Attachments

• perferated metal.jpg
    perferated metal.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 283

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I am making for my XP. I found some screen that has kind of rubber coated with a heavier screen mesh base if you know what I mean, found it a hardware store in Mannville. Place is called Wessels 780-763-3789.
This guy does saddle work, leather work and make any kind of tarps, screens for porches. I have looked all over the place I think what I got is the best I could find. The alloy frame is aircraft aluminum so today I am going to fasten it with contact cement then install tomorrrow on sled, I cut the holes in the side panel last night.

Attachments

• 100_1826.jpg
    100_1826.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_1827.jpg
    100_1827.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 102

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finished off my vents, lots of time to fit, file and used a bench style belt sander. I used a black marker for the rivets, couldnt find black rivets. Just have to put the lower black extension piece then good to go and also some snow.

Attachments

• 100_1833.jpg
    100_1833.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_1834.jpg
    100_1834.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_1838.jpg
    100_1838.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 117

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can steer me to where I can buy just the screen material as I want to make my own side vents and do not know where to buy this from. Also wondering if there is better grades or quality that I need to watch for? If anyone could help me out ...it would be much appreciated.

Try "Frog Skin"

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the trampoline material is too thick to bend around the type of frame I used, the material i used is actual screen encased in a rubber finished product. If u could see it the strength is there but yet is flexible to bend around the frame. Oldtrick on here can vouch for this material he has seen it..

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked for the frog skin but one guy joked with me they only sell Quebec, anyhows I would like to see the material. These vent kits are probably over $200.00??

scrapmaster

Reaction score
tru enuff thinkin il build my frames try the tramp material an if its no go buy some screen

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a roll of FROG SKINZ from my local CAT dealer for $50, More than enough material in the roll to do 2 sleds I would think. :d

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finished off my vents, lots of time to fit, file and used a bench style belt sander. I used a black marker for the rivets, couldnt find black rivets. Just have to put the lower black extension piece then good to go and also some snow.

Any ski-doo dealer should have the black riviets I picked up a bag yesterday for my vent kit

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much were they, i had bought some for the belly pan protector I think they were well over a buck, The ones I bought for the side vents were 27 cents.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice job....looks awesome!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a roll of FROG SKINZ from my local CAT dealer for $50, More than enough material in the roll to do 2 sleds I would think. :d

I gotta go in the city on Monday so I'll stop and see Jim on the way throguh..thanks

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the trampoline material is too thick to bend around the type of frame I used, the material i used is actual screen encased in a rubber finished product. If u could see it the strength is there but yet is flexible to bend around the frame. Oldtrick on here can vouch for this material he has seen it..

yeah, it was tough stuff and I don't think there is any question that it is stonger than most of the kits out there. :rolleyes:Looked light enough for that Doo to carry

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much were they, i had bought some for the belly pan protector I think they were well over a buck, The ones I bought for the side vents were 27 cents.

$27 for the bag I didn't count them and thats slave lake so I probly got riped off but I needed them Vent kit was from Mountian Magic I like it so far just dosen't come with enuf rivits imo:beer: The ski-doo rivits are alot harder to pull with the gun so I would think there better also a little longer

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Top Bottom