Sicamous Sled Shop and Service

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
130/hr to fix sleds... yah right..

dont charge that to fix semis.. love bc

Good on them if they can get it. Poor starving oil companies don't want to pay that to work on a $10,000,000 piece of rotating equipment.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after 3 more days out riding, we get down and my sled is pretty much an ice cube, and who rolls in to the parking lot but good ol Tex78 in the MPM sled hauler to pick up one rental(a black 175 850 with SHOT) :drool:

...Anyway I ask him to take my sled in for the night and thaw it out (for a ridiculously low cost), also totally thinking to leave it with them for a crazy inexpensive storage cost. Check them out for details. Now I dont have to drag my sled out and back home anymore, perfect!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after 3 more days out riding, we get down and my sled is pretty much an ice cube, and who rolls in to the parking lot but good ol Tex78 in the MPM sled hauler to pick up one rental(a black 175 850 with SHOT) :drool:

...Anyway I ask him to take my sled in for the night and thaw it out (for a ridiculously low cost), also totally thinking to leave it with them for a crazy inexpensive storage cost. Check them out for details. Now I dont have to drag my sled out and back home anymore, perfect!
heated storage?

Hotwheels81

Reaction score
Swung by today to see what all the hype was about, picked up some Munster goodies for the G4 and a hoodie... Nice place, friendly staff... I hope they do well!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heated storage?

I doubt it is but its getting thawed out first. I dont have a garage so it works for today. The other deal is they deliver your sled to the parking lot and will pick it up too! I’m going in to iron it out tomorrow

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt it is but its getting thawed out first. I dont have a garage so it works for today. The other deal is they deliver your sled to the parking lot and will pick it up too! I’m going in to iron it out tomorrow
Sweet..usually thawing on isn't an issue here.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey no problem dude, you should have seen the guys at work faces when I came back with 2
heated storage?
We make sure they are good and clean and dry before put away , for now it's in cold inside storage

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pay a spare sled off quickly, Our local gm dealer tried 125/hr last year, said shop wEnt dead.. back to 110

we have many a mechanic that work for 90/hr and drive to job site with service truck.. and have heavy ticket.. not a Rv ticket

What do you pay for your sled to be fixed, in a shop on a Sunday?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pay a spare sled off quickly, Our local gm dealer tried 125/hr last year, said shop wEnt dead.. back to 110

we have many a mechanic that work for 90/hr and drive to job site with service truck.. and have heavy ticket.. not a Rv ticket
Pay a spare sled off quickly....... I doubt that 80% of sledders can pay off their primary sled quickly.

I do understand the point you are making.
But if I'm in Sic Wed to Wed and my only sled goes down on a Saturday, the balance of my week is shot. Or I pay a stupid amount of cash for a rental for 3 days.
I would have a hard time to believe that any of your mobile mechanics, can go to their open shop on a Sunday and grab the parts they need.

None the less, I would pay 130/hr for my sled to be fixed for me on a Sat/Sun and riding Monday.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Funny you say that, the g.m dealer in Salmon Arm is 130 a hr too, so guess it's the norm then eh Fred
Pay a spare sled off quickly....... I doubt that 80% of sledders can pay off their primary sled quickly.

But if I'm in Sic Wed to Wed and my only sled goes down on a Saturday, the balance of my week is shot. Or I pay a stupid amount of cash for a rental for 3 days.
I would have a hard time to believe that any of your mobile mechanics, can go to their open shop on a Sunday and grab the parts they need.

None the less, I would pay 130/hr for my sled to be fixed for me on a Sat/Sun and riding Monday.
I agree, fix it or rent and pay to fix it when ya get home ( which probably will cost way more)

At least look at it and figure out what's wrong and go from there

Either way we have ya covered, as we have rentals too, had a few the last few days with the arrive and ride, and left the broken sled in the trailer and get the rental ready to ride - delivered

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy buy some pretty decent sleds under 5 grand trashey and you have every part you need, plus a spare for those days your down..

how many parts they going to get on the weekend, each there own..

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buy buy some pretty decent sleds under 5 grand trashey and you have every part you need, plus a spare for those days your down..

how many parts they going to get on the weekend, each there own..
Yes you can get decent sleds for under 5 grand and I never thought of that.

I have liquidated and am down to a 1/2 ton, no deck, no trailer. So a spare wouldn't be an option for me, anymore.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I could be wrong, but I don't think Fred is bitching about a Sunday when OT is the norm. It would be the Monday - Friday.

Also, comparing a GM dealer's overhead costs to a non-oem sled dealer's is not really apples to apples.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't think Fred is bitching about a Sunday when OT is the norm. It would be the Monday - Friday.

Also, comparing a GM dealer's overhead costs to a non-oem sled dealer's is not really apples to apples.
Good point, thank you

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just curious...What is the shop rate at a banner, motertech, bow cycle, Bowridge, Nuway shop for example.

I guess these guys could start their new business with a lower rate but I would think the market place will determine if they are high fairly quickly

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just did a little searching, and the average rate to repair an RV, which is also seasonal is $110/hour. so 130 is far from being unreasonable, even during regular business hours.

Which makes being a mobile HD mechanic, not very appealing at 90/hour

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to have to stock a crap load of parts for weekend repairs, time will tell?

Top Bottom