Sicamous Riding Areas

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to take the family out to Sicamous over the Christmas / New Years to go sledding. Not sure where to go. Never rode this area before.

Any suggestions where to go ?

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to take the family out to Sicamous over the Christmas / New Years to go sledding. Not sure where to go. Never rode this area before.

Any suggestions where to go ?

this might help Home Page, blue lake is a great area its one of my favorites :beer:

dlux

Reaction score
Hey i'm in the same boat want to take the wife and kids for a few rides but they are totally novice and have never ridden before so i'm wondering if its appropriate to try to take them to the cabins at owls head and blue lake say... also looking to hook up for a few good mountian rides while i'm down. if anyones interested let me know.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i'm in the same boat want to take the wife and kids for a few rides but they are totally novice and have never ridden before so i'm wondering if its appropriate to try to take them to the cabins at owls head and blue lake say... also looking to hook up for a few good mountian rides while i'm down. if anyones interested let me know.

i cant say much about owlhead cause i havent been there yet but the cabin at blue lake has a big wide open bowl infront of it with lots of room for the wife and kids to get fimiliar with riding and then tons of good area to ride when there ready to rip :beer:

CRAZY DAVE

Reaction score
giving free tours blue lake and owls head until the end of the month.wild or mild..250 835 4774..or leave message and i will reply asap..thanks dave...

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey ive never been to sicamous before and im looking to go sledding tomarrow or wednesday.. wondering if someone wanted to go! send me a pm if interested!

summitron

Reaction score
I ride Owlshead with my wife and family. There is a nice big play area, rolling hills and meadows right around the cabin. The trail is always nicely groomed and an easy climb. If the weather is bad the meadows are well enough protected you can usually still see, unless it's really snowin hard. I usually go with a few friends and their kids, and we take turns going into the good play areas and leave the kids in the meadows. I have taken my nine year old nephew into a few of the bowls, but his 300 freestyle has a hard time making it out of video bowl. I like Owls head the best there is a lot of area for the kids to play. The parking lot is right in town, and the snow is always better than queest. Queest has a lot of areas for kids to ride but the ride seems longer going in and the parking area is not as good as owlshead. Blue lake parking lot is almost 17km out of town and has a history of theft from vehicles. If you ride with someone who knows the area, you can make it to bluelake from owlshead, but its not a kids ride from what I remember

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My kid loves Hunters Range. Great trails, good parking lot and a lot of meadows when you are up at the cabin. I would say it has about 10x the "rideable" family terrain than Owlhead. Seems like the trail in is about the same distance for both Owlshead and Hunters.

My daughter is 12 now - but has been sledding there since she was 7 on her 300 Freestyle. BTW - she now prefers Owlshead since she got over her fear of Shinny Ridge last year.

dlux

Reaction score
where is hunters range? what is shinny ridge?

GRD

Reaction score
Skinny Ridge...

It is just like it sounds... SKINNY

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skinny Ridge...

It is just like it sounds... SKINNY

Travis, what is the area you guys like...we went to blue a couple weeks ago and had a pile of fun,....dropped into a few bowls that were a bit western gettiong out of but loved the play right near the cabin even....if it dumped a couple feet it could be a great place for as day

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer owls head over blue. but every time i have been to blue there has been a ton of people and no fresh, or hard to find fresh. but since i have been to eagle i would not go any where but. dont get me wrong i love all the hills there but eagle is hands down the best

Top Bottom