Sicamous Dec 30th - Jan 3rd

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Owlshead the 31st - Ridiculous amounts of snow. Up to 6 ft in some places with basically no base. ***Just a warning to people heading over to Skinny Ridge, the lake on the way is not quite frozen over! There is some ice on top, but it's kinda slushy and easy to break through, didn't happen to me, but i saw lots of tracks that punched through*** We eventually made it back into the Super Bowl area... lots of stucks in there :d. After a couple in a row, I pretty much sat at the bottom for half an hour (I run a 136", with 2-3-4 ft fresh, it doesn't do so well, and doesn't help with an inexperienced rider on it lol)

Rode Blue Lake the 1st - Once again, lots of snow. Socked in though most of the day and very hard to see anything. For the first half of the day, maybe more, we played around the cabin. In the afternoon we dropped back behind the big hill in front of the cabin (I'm not familiar with the area, so don't know what this area is called). There was tons of snow there, with a nice trail packed down. We played around there for quite a while until Rocky Mountain Kamakazi broke a weld on his trailing arm. We had a crafty short term fix for this (more on that later). After this, we made our way up and back to the cabin, and that was basically the end of our day.

Rode Queest the 2nd - Beautiful day, the sun was shining for the most part until about 3:00. It was tracked up by the cabin, so we ventured off to the left of the cabin (no idea what these area's are called) down a nice trail someone pounded out all the way there. Eventually found a nice open meadow where we played for about two hours. Once that was pounded out and we dug a couple people out and... sawed another one out :rolleyes: we headed back to the cabin for lunch. After lunch we went to the right of the cabin where we played for a short time when an engine seized, so we spent the rest of the afternoon getting that out. M1000 tried pulling him up one of the hills, made it about 3/4 of the way up when he lost traction. Then we hooked up two snowbunje's and pulled on the M1 with and RMK and Tnytro, got him out just fine, and that was basically the end of our day. Lots of powder still to be found if you know where to go! Basically a rule of thumb for this week is if you're in the tree's, you're going to get stuck.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the little tree incident up on Queest. Rocky Mountain Kamakazi on his dad's new RMK.

Attachments

• PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 67

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Rucky, been there with the 136" track and no base, never again I say, that was also at Owlshead 2 years ago. Our group is headed out today with heavy snowfall warning in effect so should be good after tommorow, 2 weeks till I get out again.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Rucky, been there with the 136" track and no base, never again I say, that was also at Owlshead 2 years ago. Our group is headed out today with heavy snowfall warning in effect so should be good after tommorow, 2 weeks till I get out again.

Yeah, it basically got me saying never again too! I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have but any trip is better than staying at home! We left a day earlier than we planned because of the snowfall warning. The highways would probably be chitty, and the adults were tired lol.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of myself stuck at Blue Lake, and Rocky Mountain Kamakazi buried at Owlshead.

Attachments

• Me stuck.jpg
    Me stuck.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Travis buried.jpg
    Travis buried.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 64

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have a brief compilation of helmet cam footage edited tomorrow. Not very long because the quick release mount broke on it. Then I put it in my pocket and it took 1395 pictures because instead of turning it off I put it onto "take a picture every two seconds" mode. :d Took a good three hours to delete all of them!

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
Oh i was, he just doesn't have any good pics of me.
Me stuck on my dads RMK at Owl Head
IMG_1852.jpg
Me stuck on mine at Owl Head
IMG_1866.jpg
Me and Rucky going up the Trail
IMG_1881.jpg
IMG_2054.jpg
I went to go help a guy that was stuck then anouther guy came to help us so in total in one spot three of us.
IMG_1934_edited.jpg
Rucky's dad stuck on his 1987 Polaris INDY 400
IMG_1861.jpg
Me hitting one of many trees this weekend
IMG_1950_edited.jpg

Top Bottom