Should i carry a gas can on my freeride?

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No comparison from to 2010 ptek to the 2011 etec for the amount of fuel burned or oiled burned. I tested it every single weekend with a guy. The oil and fuel level was the same everytime. I dont know how the 2012s are though.. But maybe it was a bad etec?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No comparison from to 2010 ptek to the 2011 etec for the amount of fuel burned or oiled burned. I tested it every single weekend with a guy. The oil and fuel level was the same everytime. I dont know how the 2012s are though.. But maybe it was a bad etec?

If it was a WOT day you may not see much difference. An easy day and there will be a very noticeable difference.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the 12s in our group are forsure better on oil. fuel....not sure yet

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Rode this weekend and used around 33% less fuel than the other three sleds in our group and rode more (48 miles) on the first day. Freeride was brand new and if this keeps up someone else can carry fuel for a few years. I'm sick of fuelling up the cats. Fyi- the other sleds were a 2012 m8, 2007 rev, and an older m8 mod, not sure the year.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nice thing is people can't lie about their fuel consumption if they have the full gauge package which I believe all the '12 have as it shows total fuel consumption as one of the options.

Its also good for judging how long until you get through break in period for the 100 litres consumed.

Top Bottom