Shock Settings

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what other Polaris XP owners set their shock springs to. I noticed from the factory the front and back are as low as they can go. I added Zilla's and noticed when I go over the whoops the front bottoms out on the tire so I adjusted mine tonight so the front is 1 notch away from the highest setting and left the rear at the lowest notch because there is lots of clearance in the rear and I ride 2up so I’m hoping the ride remains cushy for the passenger. What’s yours at? :cool:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have a XP but I put preload adjusters on the front of my 800. I have a bag on the back that can get loaded up pretty good. I believe there are 5 adjustments on the rear and I am running in the middle all the time since they are a pain in the arse to adjust. On the front I have an audiotube and the front tends to sag a bit anyways. The front has 3 settings and since they are easy to adjust I just leave them in the lowest setting if I am riding on the road or just doing simple/smooth riding. When I go to more trail rides where I encounter ruts/bumps/holes/etc. I run with it in the middle setting. But If Im in the deep snow or mud and need the extra clearence I just turn them up to the stiffest setting and hold the throttle.

Top Bottom