Shipping a sled from Ontario

Burns

Reaction score
Has anyone shipped a sled across Canada?

I am looking at a few vintage sleds in Ontario and unsure of where to find some one to ship it?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check with car carriers

like livingston trans goes coast to coast via rail

hansens as well

good luck some one does it.. a car is $850 from ontario to calgary so be bout 300-$400 I would say

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go onto uship. You can put a maximum price you are willing to pay and then carriers can bid on it to see who gets to do it. Same company that the show Shipping Wars is based on.

shockman

Reaction score
Not a big deal! shipped a motorcycle from northwestern Que. to B.C with Canadian Freightways, cost some where around $400. The big thing is haveing shipper crate it properly. Mine was crated by a dealer so no biggey. Best to have shipper go to a sled dealer and get a crate from them. Should be strapped down to crate well and be moveable with a pallet jack or forklift. CF has a toll free # you can call for a quote, you should know weight and pallet size

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We just shipped a sled from MN to MT. I know that is across the US but be sure it is crated properly and understand the insurance you are buying if you are buying any for your transported object. Just call your local carriers in the phone books tell them what you what done and if they can give you a quote or recommend a carrier.

Jan

MrMotoSki

Reaction score
I've had Vintage race sleds shipped from Ontario. Canadian FW's. As others have noted, have shipper go to dealer and get a dealer sled crate.
Sometimes the seller will want an extra few bucks to do this.
Had no issues and price ranged from 450 to 550 depending on the size of the racer I had shipped.
If you have 4 or 5 sleds you may want to consider making a raod trip. ( I do).

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy shipped sled from edmonton to newfoundland I think was 800.00 How many sleds and when do you need them, I plan on making a trip at end of june to ontario or like somebody sais about Uship they are a great option, I have done it myself. Good luck

Top Bottom