Shifter/ Linkage Issue, Cant change geears 2007 Grizzly 700 SE

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 Grizzly 700 SE...

My shifter has always been a bit difficult to move into other gears, just thought it was normal as I have never had a quad before. So last weekend, Im out riding, all seems good through the ride. Get home and try to park it... my shifter moves VERY easy but doesnt change gears. Im thinking a bolt came off the linkage or something... NOPE. It was stuck in high gear at this point. Engines HOT from riding so, we wait to let it cool down before we can look into it. BEER BREAK... :beer:. Go back look at it, everything looks good, nothing broken or unhooked. Cant figure it out. Managed to wiggle the linkage around enough to get it into reverse and park it into the shed, but now all I can get is reverse or high. And thats with wiggling it around a bit and shifting back and forth.

Any ideas??? Someone wanna come have some beers with us and help figure this out?

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I adjusted mine but it wasn't that bad at all. Sounds like something in there is bent or the brake release thing is screwing it up. Mine is tight to get into park but not terrible
Gotta pull that side panel off and check it out

Sent from my phone

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I adjusted mine but it wasn't that bad at all. Sounds like something in there is bent or the brake release thing is screwing it up. Mine is tight to get into park but not terrible
Gotta pull that side panel off and check it out

Sent from my phone

Everything is apart, and cant see anything out of the ordinary. Nothing looks bent either. And even when my shifter is in the high position, the motor/tranny is in reverse. Wiggle stuff around and can eventually get into high but something is very wrong.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Just consulted with the service manual. First off it says to check and adjust the brake pedal free play. Then to adjust the shift control cable, which is attached to hand brake. Then finally put gear selector in high and make sure tranny is in high as well. Then to adjust length of shifter rod to 413mm or 16.3in.

yny8a6ys.jpg

uzaderab.jpg

Hope you get it figured out. My grizz will get a bit tough sometimes going in to low or park, but just shake it like you would a Honda trying to find neutral, and it goes in.

Top Bottom