Sheared crank shaft

Dodge man

Reaction score
So I was out riding in a bowl yesterday. And after a few hard climbs we decided to head out. So I fired my machine up and made her about 100 feet and my crank shaft sheared of on the clutch side. Clutch fell right off. I'm just wandering if anyone out there has had this happen to them on an 08 Xp 800? I thought that was only a Polaris problem.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only heard of it a handful of times, and it seemed the majority of them were whenever guys were swapping out the TRA for a polaris P-85 primary.

mcp

Reaction score
My 07 800r crank also broke and clutch fell off. Engine was a dealer warranty replacement for the first one that blew up
800 km on motor that broke the crank.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have a crank in the garage missing taper, I was led to believe its from unbalanced clutches

Sent from my iPhone using

Dodge man

Reaction score
I was having a hard time keeping belts on the thing. I had the alignment checked out and it was good. I will be looking at getting the primary balanced when I get a new crank.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. Last bowl back in Allan Creek, carving in about 2' of fresh and boom. shaft sheered clean at the seal, like it was done with a lazer.
The sled had 1008 miles and still had the original belt. 165447_10150104740257292_1548557_n[2].jpg

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. Last bowl back in Allan Creek, carving in about 2' of fresh and boom. shaft sheered clean at the seal, like it was done with a lazer.
The sled had 1008 miles and still had the original belt.View attachment 166272
HEY, my sled has the same picture…..also in Allen creek….Cool.(except for the part where you have to pay for it)

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a deal between the core group I ride with. If anyone has to get a chopper, everyone else throws in $100 to help pay. We were also lucky here because we had clear weather and a tail wind on the return trip, so the total cost was $760 THANK YOU Yellowhead Helicopters :)

…..also in Allen creek….Cool.(except for the part where you have to pay for it)[/QUOTE]

emether1

Reaction score
I would take your clutch in to be balanced. Just had mine done it was 13.8 grams out. What I have been hearing is TRA's are average 14-16 grams out. They say that's like swinging around a 40 lb weight. My machine does not viberate any more and runs way smoother. In Edmonton area take it to Bell Engines.

Top Bottom