Shaft #2

Darren400

Reaction score
Blew shaft two on my brothers sled today, be careful where you take these sleds, Polaris told him this shaft was supposed to be way stronger.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
gonna have to recognize that they have a problem before they can put out a stronger shaft. one of my buddies just shelled out the cash and put the '12 shaft in and that was what burandt did aswell to all his sleds.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is it for an 12 shaft installed in a 13 might get this done

Its hard to get a 12 shaft right now: Polaris put them on backorder status so that the '13 owners couldn't do this because there is a risk of seizing as the '13's don't have an oil bath. I tried :( Good luck tho, let me know how it works out and if I can get one too!!

the450kid

Reaction score
Seizing what? What has potential to seize? Sorry I just must be misunderstanding something.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Seizing what? What has potential to seize? Sorry I just must be misunderstanding something.

The 2012 shaft is basicly not hardened where the shaft contacts the inner race of the ball bearing on the shaft and if put together on a 2013, over time will seize to the inner bearing race making it hard to remove the shaft without damaging the bearing. Guys with 2012 shafts are spraying a moly lube on the shaft when installing. I don't think it will be an issue. Most guys ride their sleds like they stole them anyway and get rid of them every one to two years and let someone else deal with the issue......
The 2013 pro sleds will always be known as the driveshaft problem sleds much like the 2008 Xp's were......

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2012 shaft is basically not treated for corrosion resisistance where the shaft contacts the inner race of the ball bearing on the shaft and if put together on a 2013, over time will seize to the inner bearing race making it hard to remove the shaft without damaging the bearing. Guys with 2012 shafts are spraying a moly lube on the shaft when installing. I don't think it will be an issue. Most guys ride their sleds like they stole them anyway and get rid of them every one to two years and let someone else deal with the issue......
The 2013 pro sleds will always be known as the driveshaft problem sleds much like the 2008 Xp's were......

Fixed it for ya. :)

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2012 shaft is basicly not hardened where the shaft contacts the inner race of the ball bearing on the shaft and if put together on a 2013, over time will seize to the inner bearing race making it hard to remove the shaft without damaging the bearing. Guys with 2012 shafts are spraying a moly lube on the shaft when installing. I don't think it will be an issue. Most guys ride their sleds like they stole them anyway and get rid of them every one to two years and let someone else deal with the issue......

Might be hard to unload a used 13 poo sled when you want to now knowing this, lol

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is it for an 12 shaft installed in a 13 might get this done

Its hard to get a 12 shaft right now: Polaris put them on backorder status so that the '13 owners couldn't do this because there is a risk of seizing as the '13's don't have an oil bath. I tried :( Good luck tho, let me know how it works out and if I can get one too!!

Any shaft from 2005-2012 will work but you will have to find 2.86 drivers to fit. I went with extroverts and a 2005 shaft. Don't worry about the seizing of the bearing to the shaft if you do have this problem it can be dealt with at a later time but I would used antiseize compound if you are worried. Paid $50 bucks for my shaft and the cost of the extroverts. We weighed the two shafts and the 2005 with extroverts was three pounds heavier. Keep in mind that the extroverts along probably weigh more than stock drivers.

Top Bottom