selling my sled - icbc requirements?

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have found a buyer for my broken sled, and i obviously need to sell it with transfer papers etc etc. The main problem being that i never had registration or insurance on my sled, i never had anything like that from the previous owner either.

What do i need to do to obtain the correct paperwork for my buyer?

thakns

Pink

vendetta

Reaction score
nothing you can do. the next guy will have to run the vin number a the cop shop to see if it was stolen. i tried to get papers for my 2000 with no luck.

Rob

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure Rob is likely correct, although I never trust a guy who says he never wipes. :nono:

Why not just call ICBC and see what they say? I can't imagine its the first time someone is selling a sled that was never registered before.

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
If it's never been registered before you or he (whoever wants to register it) will have to get a stat dec done at a notary. Basically it just says xx declares that x sold the sled to xx for 1234$ on the day of 01/01/01. Just go to an icbc insurance agent and they'll have the from. I just went through the process registering a sled that I had that had never been registered. Makes it easier to sell when it's registered.:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's never been registered before you or he (whoever wants to register it) will have to get a stat dec done at a notary. Basically it just says xx declares that x sold the sled to xx for 1234$ on the day of 01/01/01. Just go to an icbc insurance agent and they'll have the from. I just went through the process registering a sled that I had that had never been registered. Makes it easier to sell when it's registered.:beer:

I did the same but you dont need a notary. I forget the word that is used in the ICBC paper work (but I think it was a commishaner) but the lady at the insurance was able to witness it and I walked out with paper work. it is just to cover ICBC if the sled is stolden. if you are 100% it is not hot then do it! that was in sicamous.

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
^^^ cool if that's the case. The place I did it at had no idea how to do it and was walked through the process over the phone from a superior. Maybe they were being overly cautious or maybe you got lucky. Either way its a pretty simple:) You'll need a set if transfer papers too of course.

aja72

Reaction score
I am sure Rob is likely correct, although I never trust a guy who says he never wipes. Why not just call ICBC and see what they say? I can't imagine its the first time someone is selling a sled that was never registered before.

Yes you are right.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ICBC agents...at least around here...have no idea what to do. Go to any provincial government access centre and they'll do a title search and stat dec for you. Not a big deal. Just did one.

whammy

Reaction score
I've got a couple HOT sleds with paper work,,, sorry not for sale.......hehe

Top Bottom