secondary removal

Irydslow

Reaction score
Website
www.daynabmountainteam.com
What is impossible to get at? Before you start hacking away at a bolt make sure you have the right bolt as the retainer bolt is easy to remove.

And then if it is so hard to take out, how do you intend on tightening it when you put it together?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Agreed! The retainer clip bolt behind the secondary is difficult, but not impossible to get to. Use an angled box wrench. I'll usually slide the air intake box off too to get some room. I have big clumsy hands. Just be patient grasshopper. When you start to get it out be careful and DON'T DROP IT! I like using C-T Powersports clutch tools. His top gear alignment tool for pulling the jackshaft has a nice big head on it that works well with a block of wood and a hammer without damaging the gear, or missing and hitting something you don't intend to with the hammer. The first time I pulled my jackshaft, it did not want to budge, so I know what you're going through. I didn't know how hard to hit the thing, because I was afraid of damaging something. But as long as you have the bearing retainer clip off, bang away. After it's been removed once, the jackshaft comes out easier the next time you do it.

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
primary1.jpg primary2.jpg
These pictures are taken from above the primary and looking right behind it. You can tell that the bolt has a very small part of the head showing and it also looks to be part of the flang too. so I was just going to cut the head off, then easy-out the rest of the bolt and then put a new bolt in with proper head and washer once I am done flipping out the helix and spring.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 141720View attachment 141721
These pictures are taken from above the primary and looking right behind it. You can tell that the bolt has a very small part of the head showing and it also looks to be part of the flang too. so I was just going to cut the head off, then easy-out the rest of the bolt and then put a new bolt in with proper head and washer once I am done flipping out the helix and spring.

Remove the nut from the backside as you have done. Give bolt a tap. Retainer will pop off.

Don't cut anything.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 etec and I am wonder what guys are using for a spring compressor on the secondary, I want to replace the spring and helix. Any instructions on this would be great as I am a bit confused on where to start once I have the secondary and the jackshaft out. Thanks

maitchison

Reaction score
don't forget about the small spacer that is behind the top gear on the jackshaft, if u don't run a socket or the alignment tool into the top gear, the spacer will drop down into your chain case and then kaboom when you least expect it

Top Bottom