secondary removal

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quick question guys since I don't exactly remember what I did last time... Got the secondary adjuster, bearing clip holder, and top gear all off. How do I get the jackshaft out so I can tear into the secondary?? Doo I just pound the crap out of the jackshaft or do I need a special tool of somesort to go into the jackshaft??

2008 XP 800r

Thanks!! :beer:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should-just-be-able-to-tap-it-through-now.(sorry,laptop-is-fawked)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should-just-be-able-to-tap-it-through-now.(sorry,laptop-is-fawked)

Sounds good thanks, I gave it some pretty good hits last night but I'll keep tapping away!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spray some wd40 around th bearing in the bearing holder....they'll tend to stick in there.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
installed.....
pictures4089Small.jpg

skidoogirl

Reaction score
Just a reminder as I almost forgot this once, unbolt that holder behind the clutch or it won't come out... The one that fits over the bearing.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo has a new removable secondary kit for under $600 Can. You can add a spacer and make it float too.

skidoogirl

Reaction score
I put it back on, never really thought about leaving it off..... I did the jackshaft thing a few times, after dropping the gear and having to pull the chaincase (didn't have the tool- using a socket to hold it), I went with Doodoctor's setup. Works awesome, and he does really nice work. No more problems with it tearing up one side of the belt either.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put it back on, never really thought about leaving it off..... I did the jackshaft thing a few times, after dropping the gear and having to pull the chaincase (didn't have the tool- using a socket to hold it), I went with Doodoctor's setup. Works awesome, and he does really nice work. No more problems with it tearing up one side of the belt either.

That and it's 500$. Cheaper than the doo and it already floats.

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
Trying to figure this all out...I have a 2011 etec 800. I have removed the belt, removed the chaincase and top gear and chain...what next? Have been hitting the end of the jack shaft and she won't move. Do I need to remove something else first? There is a circlip on the bearing under the top gear, but it would not make any sense to remove that circlip...what about the bearing on the secondary side with that goofy holder? thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the bearing retainer behind the sec. Clutch. One nut and remove it.

Then hit it.

sent from my htc

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
wow 3 responses in 18 minutes, impressive. Great info, the nut head is impossible to get any wrench on so i'll grind it off the little flange/bearing retainer flap and put a new one on with reassembly.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is impossible to get at? Before you start hacking away at a bolt make sure you have the right bolt as the retainer bolt is easy to remove.

And then if it is so hard to take out, how do you intend on tightening it when you put it together?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom