Secondary problems

p.summit

Reaction score
I have a 2008 summit xp with some form of secondary issue. It seems that my secondary clutch keeps tightening the belt no matter how i adjust the belt deflection. Is something wrong with the helix or internal parts of the secondary. Any ideas...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your belt deflection adjuster is coming loose. Need to buy a billet aftermarket one or try tightening it up really good. How are you setting the belt tension? Need to take it for a ride. Can't set it on a stand or not in motion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

p.summit

Reaction score
I think I have the aftermarket one, it's screwed into the secondary and has two locking nuts with Allen key set screws. It seems to be tightly attached if I put my finger inside can feel some threads. How can I check this. It seems however I adjust it it keeps opening the secondary but the belt is tight causing the sled to stal at idle. Ideas...

p.summit

Reaction score
Just found out my secondary is ok, primary is shot,needs a complete rebuild.. Was quoted $2000.00 might be less if the flanges are ok. What are my options any ideas..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out my secondary is ok, primary is shot,needs a complete rebuild.. Was quoted $2000.00 might be less if the flanges are ok. What are my options any ideas..

i have a complete clutch from a 2011 summit. 500$ might be able to give you 100 back for your clutch aswell since there might be some usable parts. so 400$ and tradzeeez.

p.summit

Reaction score
Sounds good, can you hold it for me..Send me a message with the details

Last edited:
Top Bottom