Secondary Clutch

dragn

Reaction score
Ok i own a 2002 summit 800 and i blew a belt today. Afterwards the sled as soon as i started it it wanted to move. The belt was hard to put on and the secondary clutch seems tight as the belt wont sit in it right. Please help me as im going again soon and need my sled fixed

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U need to adjust ur secondary so the belt sits level with the top of the shiev but first grab both shievs and twist them in opposite directions and let go if they snap back ur spring is not broke

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could take this one step farther and say that if the belt is not the correct belt it could be for a sled that has a shorter center to center measurement for it's clutches. It will get you out, but will creep and could be a real bear to start.

dragn

Reaction score
Ok well when u twist them they only go one way.then.the.other no snapping back and its the same kind of belt as before people say that maybe a piece of belt got stuck in it

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok i own a 2002 summit 800 and i blew a belt today. Afterwards the sled as soon as i started it it wanted to move. The belt was hard to put on and the secondary clutch seems tight as the belt wont sit in it right. Please help me as im going again soon and need my sled fixed
Take both clutchs off and clean them, did the same thing on my yamaha. My sled did the same thing until I cleaned the clutchs and their not that hard to take off. The primary will need a clutch puller and their cheap about $20and it's worth it and to pull of the secondary it comes of with a single bolt. This for a yamaha and i'm not sure about your doo but make sure u buy the puller for the primary it will save u alot of grief good luck

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Broken exhaust and blown belts. You're havin a bad bit o luck aren't ya?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on cleaning your clutches. You might have a piece of belt stuck in there keeping your primary engaged which is making your belt too tight to sit in the secondary properly.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take both clutchs off and clean them, did the same thing on my yamaha. My sled did the same thing until I cleaned the clutchs and their not that hard to take off. The primary will need a clutch puller and their cheap about $20and it's worth it and to pull of the secondary it comes of with a single bolt. This for a yamaha and i'm not sure about your doo but make sure u buy the puller for the primary it will save u alot of grief good luck
That is always the first thing to do. Break them down and make sure the right springs are in both. After that put the clutches back on and lift the back of the sled up, then fire it up and give a couple shots of the throttle let it idle down and if the track is not moving or is turning very little you should be good. Good luck.

Top Bottom