Sea Foam.... Do you use it on your sled?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just started reading up on this stuff seems to be lots of rave reviews on it for heavy duty applications.

How do you use it on your sled?

bobalong

Reaction score
I use it in the sled, boats, ice auger, snowblower and lawn mower. Not a magic potion, but seems to result in the motor running smoother, especially at idle.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put that chit in everything! Seems to work good. Stabilizes the fuel if it is going to be sitting for a bit as well as keeps things from getting all gummed up. Mowers, blowers, weed eater, sleds, and our vehicles.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
canadian tire has it when it goes on sale i buy a few put it in the sleds and sxs never thought to put in the small engines

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used it in quads before when I knew the fuel injector was dirty. it did clean them and made them idled and ran smoother.

I don`t feel safe about running seafoam in my sled as Seafoa consists of Isopropyl alchohol and Naphtha fuel. I feel these ingeredients would clean and dry out the oil used to lubricate the rings and cylinder walls.

Homebrew Sea Foam (SeaFoam) Motor Treatment Recipe

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used it in quads before when I knew the fuel injector was dirty. it did clean them and made them idled and ran smoother.

I don`t feel safe about running seafoam in my sled as Seafoa consists of Isopropyl alchohol and Naphtha fuel. I feel these ingeredients would clean and dry out the oil used to lubricate the rings and cylinder walls.

But sea foam was originally made for out board 2 smoke engines

Iso alcohol is the only gas antifreeze to run in a 2 smoke... It's methyl hydrate that separates the oil and gas, I used to use 3 cap fulls of Iso straight every tank Untill the guys making crack from it made it hard to get in 4 l and price went way up

Sea foam I have used in everything , leave tank with what gas it has, add some sea foam and run it to get it inside

Never had water, bad gas, ect for 6 years now

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's a "Home brew" recipe and I wouldn't trust it at all if you think this is the chemical componentry of real Seafoam. Some people think just because it says "isopropyl" or similar on the side of the bottle, that its the same stuff they can buy at the pharmacy or paint store. Too many of these fools out there who mix chemicals in their garage and then give a seat of the pants evaluation and say it works - its all Bullsh!t. Empirical data or STFU is what I say. Mixing chemicals in a water bottle and pickle jars? C'mon. To save $1.13 on a can of real Seafoam? Most reputable companies provide backing and documentation for their products and they also have special proprietary blends of their chemicals, they usually only list the trade or common names. They don't list anything more than they have to on the label, otherwise their competition would have their recipe.........

The real seafoam works. Like Tex, I've used it just fine before and never had an issue.

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But sea foam was originally made fir out board 2 smoke engines

Iso alcohol is the only gas antifreeze to run in a 2 smoke... It's methyl hydrate that separates the oil and gas, I used to use 3 cap fulls of Iso straight every tank Untill the guys making crack from it made it hard to get in 4 l and price went way up

Sea foam I have used in everything , leave tank with what gas it has, add some sea foam and run it to get it inside

Never had water, bad gas, ect foe 6 years now
agreed

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Sea Foam in everything gas powered that I have. Used to have trouble with my golf cart if it sat any longer than 2 weeks. The needle would stick in the carb and it would run out of fuel. Putting Seafoam in every tank and starts up right away, even after sitting all winter. Lawn mowers, trimmer, chainsaw, sled, etc. I'd drink the chit if I could...

MADMAN

Reaction score
I always hate putting anything foreign in my expensive toys etc, BUT ima have to giver a go!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I always hate putting anything foreign in my expensive toys etc, BUT ima have to giver a go!

Used to feel the same but put some in my old 90' Indy 500. She puffed a bit if black for the first few Kms the started idling better. Running smoother. And less f'in with it while it was warming up. Now I put in in everything when either summerized or winterized and usually a splash once or twice during the season

Top Bottom